Anyone know what pups come with this thing stocked? i'm wondering if its a duncan designed or something. i cant tell cuz of the pickup cover being the special anniversary one
It means that they aren't made by say, Seymour Duncan, or Dimarzio. It'll be okay, but you'll want to replace them eventually..

EDIT: sure, Dean started making their own pickups and such, but they don't list the "high-gain" pickups you mentioned.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jul 25, 2008,
They'll be generic, no name pickups that are designed (using the loosest sense of the word) to work best with high-gain, but as said, they're not going to be of any comparable quality to any big-names.
Funny words.
ah figured. I really liked everything else about the guitar when i test ran it, but the pups were a little meh. they sounded very crunchy (too crunchy..and bright) on my 6505, which i have voiced to sound smoother even with insane gain...I guess i'll be getting either an X2N or Hotrails on the bridge, or evne maybe an EMG 81. the neck pup sounds pretty good tho for cleans. thanks all
Quote by kayman121
ah figured. I really liked everything else about the guitar when i test ran it, but the pups were a little meh. they sounded very crunchy (too crunchy..and bright) on my 6505, which i have voiced to sound smoother even with insane gain...I guess i'll be getting either an X2N or Hotrails on the bridge, or evne maybe an EMG 81. the neck pup sounds pretty good tho for cleans. thanks all

I yanked the mediocre stock pups and installed Duncans- Bridge SH-4...Neck SH-2, resoldered the covers. Graphtech nut and saddles. For a Korean guitar it sounds and plays extremely nice now. Everything else on the guitar was fine out of box. One of the best non USA guitars i have purchased besides my older IBZ's. I'd like to try a Screamin'Demon on this bridge as well.
I put the pickups from a USA exotic in my ML. Great results
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD