Just a question, as digital modelling amps pretty much build a tone from scratch...would a new set of pickups make much difference to the sound?
(specificly the emg 81/85 active set)
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
Through a Spider, the difference in tone will be negligible (and, more than likely, worse than the original sound). EMGs are meant to drive amplifiers and make them clip. Clipping is undesirable in solid state/modeling amplifiers.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Okay thanks, I'm looking into Randalls and Laneys now, so I assume they should be better.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
^Yes.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
It seems like your more set on getting some EMG,s than acquiring great tone. Going by you avatar it looks like you putting them in an ibanez. Choice of amp is major undertaking if you are truly searching for a tone of your own. realize this EMG's are not that flexible. Full on distortion they preform well and a tube amp helps there performance. Otherwise they can be dry and bland, there are many out there will defend EMG to the death. Take your guitar go plug in to some amps and hear your tone pay no attention to name brands. By the way you can pump a floor pod through the amp you choose and you can find some interesting tones to compliment what you have purchased. Only then look at pup's. if you base you entire tone around pup,s you end up limited.