I'm moving cross country soon, and I'd appreciate any tips on safely hauling guitars and amps in a moving van. We're moving two electrics, an acoustic and two amps. Also, we're moving them from an air conditioned house to a house without air conditioning. Does that present any issues I should be aware of? Thanks. Apologies if I put this in the wrong place.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Of course, you will want your guitars in a case. I think that is pretty obvious. I would cover the amps, especially the front side, with some heavy comforter or some other sort of cushioning. I always lay my amp on its back because last time I wen somewhere with it, it fell over on its face with full 5o lbs on the knobs. Also, if you are able to, I'd recommend strapping them down so they don't move around a lot. hope this helps. Oh, and as for the air conditioning question, it shouldn't be a problem unless there is a drastic change in humidity from where you are and where you're going. If that is the case then you need to try different methods of temp control.
Thanks. I knew it would be mostly common sense. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking anything in the chaos. Upstate NY is a little more humid than Austin, but not enough to make me uncomfortable when I'm there (lack of air conditioning aside).
-Dorothy Parker
Will the house have swamp coolers or water coolers? Those thing bring up the humidity massivly.
Nope. Just fans. We'll likely get a window AC unit for our room, though. I can't imagine my husband being happy without one. My kid brother has one that does a nice job in his room. The rest of the house would still be just fans.
-Dorothy Parker