I'm looking to change my current pickups from the neck position of my Fender..anyone has any suggestions of pickups for the neck position..? Or should i use the stock pickups which are the SCN ones..i changed em to cool rails a while ago and noticed i'm not as satisfied..i heard SD pearly gates are good..?

Neck - coolrails
Middle - vintage rails
Bridge - hotrails

Guitar - American Deluxe Fender with S1 switching
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
LOL...Pearly gates in the bridge and holy grail singles in the middle + neck.
What makes christian rock guitar tones different from other rock guitar tones?
Quote by Meddled
What makes christian rock guitar tones different from other rock guitar tones?

More Jesus.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
More Suck.

fixed
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
fixed

liek moar flame amiright

Seriously, what tone are you looking for TS? Christian Rock is like one of those broad, generic tack on type terms.
umm...there is no difference! Rock is rock. Christian rock is just rock that has faith based lyrics. You should name specific bands as the tones could range from Audio Adrenaline (clean funk to grunge) to Kutless to Switchfoot to Pillar.
lol Christian rock pickups...

Holier tones I suppose. But seriously, skip SD and go for GFS.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by imboredletsrock
you should get a jesus bucker

Lol.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well if you can get Jesus to fund your cause.. I would suggest Bareknucles

Be a little more respectful guys...
Respectful of what? It's the internet, and it was kind of a silly question. No harm in a little joke.
Quote by sg4ever
Be a little more respectful guys...

Its not a joke or disrespectful those suckers are expensive so a little help from the lord is gonna be needed
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by sg4ever
I know it was silly sounding...but come on.

Do you not pray at every meal, do you not pray for money, health and happiness.. Whats wrong with asking for some pickups, or getting the church to help out with your gear fund...
I thought you were being condescending...if you weren't then I apologies for being overly presumptive. I still would like to know what kinda tone he wants out of his neck pickup.
Quote by Teh GIR
More Gsus.

Fixed

SDs do well all over.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I'm pretty sure Seymour Duncan makes some cross shaped pickups. A whole bunch of death metal bands use them, but they flip 'em upside down to sound more brutal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Jesus Bucker..lol..anyway..i was looking for more of a planet shakery to hillsong kinda tone..

well..as for the difference between rock and christian rock..err..IMO i guess its the character of the rock tone..? A bit more feeling to it..? I'm not really sure how to describe it..but..yea..
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
custom shop 69's are my favorite strat pickups for single coils and if you have a strat with a humbucker i would try the pearly gates it has a really transparent gain output that lets the guitar tone really ring through the distorion and would be great for the sound your trying to get whether it be god rock or jesus jazz