Hey guys, I saw this ad today and am thinking it might be worth it for $100 for this Epiphone Les Paul custom. The customs are nice, and it's dirt cheap. I once recorded with an 80's Gibson that this studio had, which had a repaired cracked neck and it was pretty sweet. Any thoughts, or experience with this? Thanks

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/768963389.html
2001 American Telecaster, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Tube Amp, Maxon OD-9, Boss DS-1, EHX Big Muff Pi USA, Boss GE-7

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
that's fixable. Buy it and ask the GB&C forum.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Remove strings. Place a f*ckton of wood glue up in that piece. Clamp the mo shut very tightly. Wipe away excess glue, sand slightly. Spray some Nitro on to seal it, or, optionally, strip the entire neck and seal lightly in wipe-on satin polyurethane for a faster feel.

Cost: $15.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
i think I will. worst thing that can happen is I'll fix it and it won't be perfect, but it's my backup guitar and an Epi Custom for $100 is a pretty good deal
2001 American Telecaster, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Tube Amp, Maxon OD-9, Boss DS-1, EHX Big Muff Pi USA, Boss GE-7

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
you should buy it, get rid of the neck, and have a gibson neck put on
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i just sent the guy a message to see if he'll ship it. If so, what do these go for if they're not broken?
6-700 Us.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hey thanks for tryin to steal my find man. thats cool...

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
No problem. If someone posts something and I want it I'll buy it. Chances are the guy won't want to ship. If he does, I'll buy it and part it out.
thats real weak man.. not cool at all

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
Quote by HLrocker
you should buy it, get rid of the neck, and have a gibson neck put on

How do you propose he do that?
i can't get e-mails back since I'm at work, but i live about 5 miles away and i'm hoping he won't want to ship it...

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
you're a grade-A a$$hole you know that?

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
lol. Dude, chill out.

It's a free country and I have as much of a right to buy something on CL as you do.
granted, and I'm not delcaring it illegal, i'm simply saying that someone posts on a board for advise and opinions about buying a guitar that he wants to PLAY, and you one-up him so you can sell it on ebay for parts? That’s not by any means illegal, but it’s a dick move. Obviously I don’t have the money for a new guitar, and that’s why I’m going to buy one with a crack in it. Thanks though, you're a real class act.

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
I just don't understand what your problem is.

You post something for sale.

I buy the item for sale, as that is why the person selling it listed it

You get mad

I seriously don't get it.

If you want it I'll sell it to you for a good price. I may be able to arrange to have you pick it up from the guy. Maybe I can pay him then you pay me and you guys meet to pick it up.
Thats unbelieveably stupid. I'd rather just match your price. What are you some kind of broker? **** that, I hope you lose money parting it out.

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
dude, if it seriously means that much to you I'll email the guy and tell him I don't want it.

Look at you - wishing bad luck and name calling. Grow up.

If you want me to back out just apologize for the name calling and I will.
Ok, ok. I concede, I really do. Looking back on my posts I was a bit harsh, I know it's not that big of a deal. If I wern't at this dang office all day bored to tears I probably would care less, but hey what can you do. Sorry about that.

Either way, you proved the bigger man here, so if you still want to buy it go ahead. I'll just have to see if I can play the local/no shipping card.

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
I also can only send e-mails out of my office, and I can't check replys on my Gmail. Total pain, so I'm kinda just waiting to get home to see what he said.

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
No man, it's cool. I just emailed the guy and said I had to back out.

I hope you learned a lesson. Next time you want to know if something is a deal don't post the link!

I didn't need it that bad, so I hope you get it and enjoy. If you need help fixing it pm me and I'll hook you up. I've done it a bunch of times.

Enjoy!
Welp, now I feel really bad. Thanks man, you seem like a good guy. I apologize again. Thanks a lot.

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)
no problem. let me know if you need help with the fix. most of the people here have advice but no experience. i own a guitar building company so i can give you good advice.
Well you have once again proven the point that the internet isn't full of wackos and jacka$$es. I may just have to message you when i do the fix. Thanks again, and do you know how to delete a thread?

Boss NS-2 (For Sale $50)
Boss MT-2 (For Sale $50)