well, im in my basement, its warm as **** out so i opened the windows , but theres a dehumidifier in the basement, is there a chance my bass could get warped by having the windows open or anything like that?
just close the windows when your not playing down there and you should be ok.... or else dont leave your bass down there..... The odds of it warping from the amount of time you spend down there playing are slim, unless of course your basement doubles as a swimming pool or something
when im not playing, its in its gigbag , i cant leave it upstairs because my parents will like flip because it causes so much clutter.
Ahh i see, realistically, to warp your bass it will take a lot of exposure to a lot of humidity and heat, and i mean a lot. But if you wanna be safe rather than sorry, then have a look around. Is there any damp stains on the walls, is your floor wooden? if so has that warped. How often do ypu have to empty the dehumidifier?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Ahh i see, realistically, to warp your bass it will take a lot of exposure to a lot of humidity and heat, and i mean a lot. But if you wanna be safe rather than sorry, then have a look around. Is there any damp stains on the walls, is your floor wooden? if so has that warped. How often do ypu have to empty the dehumidifier?

my dad emptys it when its full, and i cant see water stains, also, carpet floor
also, dehumidifier is on and windows are closed now
Last edited by aaron addicott at Jul 25, 2008,
what would be the safest condition to have my bass in? windows open/closed
dehumidifier on/off?
To be honest, it's changes in humidity that cause problems, not humidity in the first place.

As long as you keep the environment roughly constant, there should be no problem.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
well im assuming nutter, that the de humidifier will keep it normal if i leave the windows closed like they are now?
Well, that will be fine. Leave it in that environment, and set it up if necessary.

What I'm saying is, provided the environment doesn't change hugely, it won't make a massive difference to the bass. So, unless you live in a particularily humid environment (last I checked, Canada isn't) it doesn't matter if you keep the windows open or closed, or the dehumidifier on or off.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
A lot of moisture would have to be moving in and out of the bass with heat varying temps. Depending on the type of bass the chances of your warping in your basement range from very little to roughly impossible.
Nutter is right, it's large humidity changes that cause necks to warp and it usually takes quite a large change. By keeping it in your basement nothing will happen. By moving it constantly in and out of your basement, there is a VERY VERY SMALL chance of a warp, but I wouldn't even think twice about it.