I give you blackened, with the original drums, vocals and bass.
I done all the 9 guitars.

Intro: Two lead guitars and one rhythm. Reversed.

Whole song: Four Rhythm guitars throughout and two lead at the pre solo.

I have it all done bar the solo which Im working on at the moment.

So tells me what you think!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/False_God/
Love it, man.
Finally a song from AJFA with bass in it.
John Myung, the bass god with nimble, asian basketweaving fingers! \.../

Quote by Sonis3
+∞

Quote by HelloHalo
haha, I didn't read that and I thought you were doing the vocals at first

Sounds awsome though, the playing is tight, and what did you use to get that guitar tone?

One last question, what program did you use to seperate all the instruments in the song?
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Jul 25, 2008,
*drooling*

Harsh review time!
Guitar playing is awesome. If anything, your dry tone needs to be a dB higher. The drums seem a tad week. Maybe a 150Hz 2dB boost would fix it. Umm, the bass guitar needs too be a bit louder (3:30). At 4:20 the main rhythm guitars start "clouding" the bass guitar's section. *Listening too it again*, yeah, just bring the bass in the rhythm guitars down, and bring the bass of the bass guitar up. So you have a bit cleaner bass section.
Quote by Djevik
*drooling*

Harsh review time!
Guitar playing is awesome. If anything, your dry tone needs to be a dB higher. The drums seem a tad week. Maybe a 150Hz 2dB boost would fix it. Umm, the bass guitar needs too be a bit louder (3:30). At 4:20 the main rhythm guitars start "clouding" the bass guitar's section. *Listening too it again*, yeah, just bring the bass in the rhythm guitars down, and bring the bass of the bass guitar up. So you have a bit cleaner bass section.

Dude, it's an AJFA song. The bass on that album is mixed so quietly that it's barely audible, so you can't blame him for that if he's using the original tracks.

Overall it was a great cover. Your tone is awesome, what guitar/distortion are you using?
Thanks a million guys

Also, I got the backing track from a guy who works in the company who does rockband, they recieved all the master tracks for songs and he leaks them.

Quote by Djevik
*drooling*

Harsh review time!

The drums and bass are the way they are on the album. Not much I can do with them unfortunly.

I added alot of bass to the guitars to give it the umph like the original hence the clouding at 4:20

Thanks for the crit, will see what I can do again when I record the solo soon!!
:Cheers:

Quote by Rockford_rocks
Dude, it's an AJFA song. The bass on that album is mixed so quietly that it's barely audible, so you can't blame him for that if he's using the original tracks.

Overall it was a great cover. Your tone is awesome, what guitar/distortion are you using?

Thanks bro!

Im using amplitube, and then layering the guitars to tighten things up. And I use a Jackson with Emg's.
Yeah yeah,
My mistake. I was, more or less, just offering a solution for the guitar clouding.

This is an easy 5 star song
This is good. The guitar playing was really good, especially considering I can never play the main riff of Blackened quite right XD. I think your tone was a bit too bass-y for me. The bass guitar was a bit too loud as well, and the drums could have been brought up (although I appreciate that there wasn't much you could do about the drums if it was ripped from the original track).

All in all, very very good job. I give it 4 stars.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917441
Gear:
Fender Diamond Anniversary Stratocaster
Washburn Dime V Pro
Peavy Bandit 112
Fender Frontman 15R

A few of my originals can be found at

www.bebo.com/artificial-reality
Quote by Djevik
Yeah yeah,
My mistake. I was, more or less, just offering a solution for the guitar clouding.

This is an easy 5 star song

Well I will go back and see what I can do. The bass alone adds alot of bass especially at that part. I might turn down the bass tho on the dubbs. and see does that reduce the clouding a little

Quote by poona
This is good. The guitar playing was really good, especially considering I can never play the main riff of Blackened quite right XD. I think your tone was a bit too bass-y for me. The bass guitar was a bit too loud as well, and the drums could have been brought up (although I appreciate that there wasn't much you could do about the drums if it was ripped from the original track).

All in all, very very good job. I give it 4 stars.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917441

Haha thanks man, yeah I couldnt play this song for ages myself
Hmm, the bass seems a little too much it seems xD I can turn the bass guitar down unfortunly, and if I bring the drums up I will end up bring the bass up too. Its all on the one track Limited there

Cheers bro
Kickass cover man, great job. Nice vocals, you sound just like Hetfield

Seriously though, your tone is sexy and it's just awesome as a whole. Can't wait for you to record the solo!

Keep at it, man.
haha People often say that but I dont see how I do

Thanks man I cant wait to record the solo myself
Awesome job man! I actually prefer the extra bass, even though I know when if I do that it generally won't sound good on stereo systems. But in this case since AJFA is lacking pretty much all bass, I think it sounds great in this case.

If I'd have anything to contribute, I'm not sure what the recording method is, but I'd recommend cleaning up the guitars particularly when they come in and out on the tracks. There are times when you can hear some extra buzzing, whether it be from being too close to a monitor or amp, or just too much distortion. If it's done on the computer, just cut off the ends of where each track comes in and out. Otherwise I'm digging this one!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917922 for C4C
I don't have sound on my computer but I'm gonna go and check this out on my PS3 as everyones raving about it
RULE BRITANNIA
love your tone!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Metalfan757
Awesome job man! I actually prefer the extra bass, even though I know when if I do that it generally won't sound good on stereo systems. But in this case since AJFA is lacking pretty much all bass, I think it sounds great in this case.

If I'd have anything to contribute, I'm not sure what the recording method is, but I'd recommend cleaning up the guitars particularly when they come in and out on the tracks. There are times when you can hear some extra buzzing, whether it be from being too close to a monitor or amp, or just too much distortion. If it's done on the computer, just cut off the ends of where each track comes in and out. Otherwise I'm digging this one!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917922 for C4C

Finally someone who likes the bass too Well it actually sounds good thru a stereo. But the bass nearly makes its explode
Thanks man

Yeah I forgot to crop the tracks to get rid of the buzzing. Definally will have all that done when I up;oad it with the solo!

Quote by cobain_is_king
I don't have sound on my computer but I'm gonna go and check this out on my PS3 as everyones raving about it

Quote by ilovemySG
love your tone!

Thanks bro
Well done, If someone put me this song on the radio i would believe is kirk playing :P 5 stars

I also listened to megadeth A tout le monde, great also... May I ask how do you record? I'm a complete noob about recording stuff with my pc... And I have been playing for more than 8 years XD
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Last edited by tiky at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by tiky
Well done, If someone put me this song on the radio i would believe is kirk playing :P 5 stars

I also listened to megadeth A tout le monde, great also... May I ask how do you record? I'm a complete noob about recording stuff with my pc... And I have been playing for more than 8 years XD

haha except its missing the solo Wont be able to add it either unless I can get the track off of UG as its all gone cheers for the crit too!

My set up is pretty simple, I use the Line 6 tone port as the audio interface, run it into sonar 7 and I use amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 3. Does the job

Quote by AbsenceOfFaith
Sick good, man! Playing is tight, mixing is very good. I'd ditch James's vocals to listen to that tone alone.

Crit my MOP Cover @profile page ?

Haha sound man! It took a nice bit of tweeking to get the 4 tracks to mix nicely together.

Critted your MOP
Playing is nice and tight in the intro. Tone is a little too gain-y for my taste, but still sounds pretty good. I CAN HEAR THE BASS!!! lol. That alone makes this song awesome. Mix is pretty damn good. The more I listen to it, the more workmanship comes through. But nontheless, guitar playing is pretty damn good. Track sounds nice and full. Kinda wish you did the solo though, since your rhythm playing is already pretty damn tight. Slap a solo on that bad boy, and watch it take over the world!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175804