I recently had my computer crash due to viruses, i sent her away and they re installed windows for me. now after I have "little or no connectivity" because "the network did not asign a network address to the computer"

I can get the internet to work for alittle while but every time i shut down it stops working again.

My laptop gets internet connection but not my desktop. From my wireless router

Any advise?

thanks in advanced
wireless i take it?

are the drivers installed correctly? my mates computer does this with her wireless dongle from time to time, and usually it involves going into the connection settings and starting over with it

what you could do is manually assign the IP if you know your DNS settings and your routers IP
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
so you're plugged into your router but you're not fully connected?
what actually happens when you shut your computer off and try to get online when you turn it back on?
maybe dont shut it off anymore?

its gotta be something to do with your desktop if your laptop works fine with it...
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by woodsballplayer
I recently had my computer crash due to viruses, i sent her away and they re installed windows for me. now after I have "little or no connectivity" because "the network did not asign a network address to the computer"

I can get the internet to work for alittle while but every time i shut down it stops working again.

My laptop gets internet connection but not my desktop. From my wireless router

Any advise?

thanks in advanced

Reset the router, first by unplugging and replugging it, then perhaps by downloading the latest drivers from the router company's website.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
im going to try to get the internet back and install the routers drivers, resetting it does next to nothing, i mean nothing.