PICKUPS: Schecter SuperRockII w/ matching covers
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone (tap)/3-Way
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/thru-body
BINDING: Vintage White
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Black Chrome
COLOR: Cayman Blue (CBLU)
US RETAIL PRICE: $999

I just wanted to get some advice and knowledge about the different specs, especially the pickups. I'm after a nice warm tone, not too bright and screachy. I play mostly rock, some metal, and like to shred. Anyone had experience with the Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4), or the Schecter SuperRockII pickups?

Will the neck-thru body of the classic be a big advantage over the set-neck of the exotic star you think? Or will it most likely not make a difference.

The C-1 classic seems like the better choice, but im quite sick of rosewood fretboards (i'd like an ebony), and the binding is an ugly colour to me (on the trans-blue). Has anyone played the exotic star and had any problems with it?

Thanks.
I've played it before, it's just as good as the other Diamond Series Schecters.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i dont know much about the specs of these guitars but i own a hellraiser and it has active pickups and neckthru. It sounds awsome with distortion and pretty good clean.
I couldn't tell you about the Exotic Star, but the Classic pwns. Although, I do agree the Classic would probably sound better with an ebony fretboard.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I have a C-1 Classic in amber and everything is top notch on it. The only two things might be changed (but definitely NOT necessary) are jumbo frets to XJumbos, and ebony fretboard.
Its sustain is (was) better than my old set-neck Epi SG's. I also have a Jackson RR3 (bolt-on), but haven't compared them. Quiet possible Classic has better sustain.

Also, bnewguitars, Hellraiser is NOT neckthru, it's set-neck.
I have the blue C-1 Classic and it's awesome. It feels great, but I'm not too sure about the differences in fingerboards, as I never really thought about the differences too much. The C-1 Classic definitely sounds good with the JB. I happen to like the creme binding on the blue, and I think that's the best finish to get anyway because of the chrome hardware.

If you're looking to buy one, I'm considering selling mine..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!