17 17%
cold
72 73%
wtf is apple cider
9 9%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 2
Do you drink it warm or cold?

Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.
I'm on the pavement, thinkin' 'bout the government.
Its ****ing disgusting especially warm. Where's my "**** apple cider" option? :/
I've been here since '04.

Why on earth would you want a warm cider?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Warm cider? Ewww. That's like drinking cold blood.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Warm Cider?????
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!!
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Am i right in thinking apple cider is like apple juice only... juiced differently or somesh*t?

Here in the UK apple cider be an alcoholic beverage, usualy, but not always, consumed by smelly bums and 13 year old girls.

If its just apple juice i prefer it ice cold.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Am i right in thinking apple cider is like apple juice only... juiced differently or somesh*t?

Here in the UK apple cider be an alcoholic beverage, usualy, but not always, consumed by smelly bums and 13 year old girls.

I don't see why cider WOULDN'T be an alcoholic beverage, made from apples. I like to think of it as alcoholic apple tango.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Cider is an alcoholic term, you know...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by alkalineweeman

Wait he meant apple JUICE?!

Explain yourself TS!
I've been here since '04.

Why would you want cider warm?

Having said that, Winter Fruits Kopparberg could make a good alternative to mulled wine if warmed I reckon.

Although isn't Cider in the US just apple juice - Point still stands as to why you'd want it warm though...
Quote by alkalineweeman

Nah 13 year old girls drink bitchpop.

Your right about the smelly bums But they usually only drink white cider or some **** like strongbow.

Scrumpy Jacks for the win!
I rarely drink anymore but there is still nothing that can beat a cold cider.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by Chozz
Nah 13 year old girls drink bitchpop.

Your right about the smelly bums But they usually only drink white cider or some **** like strongbow.

Scrumpy Jacks for the win!

kopperberg pear cider for the comeback.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
kopperberg pear cider for the comeback.

Pear ciders of all sorts are generally naaaarsty.

The various other fruits that Kopparberg do are rich in win though.
cold. warm is just disgusting
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I don't drink cider, my favourite is a long drink (gin) which is similar to cider but not as dry or bitter. It tastes like crap warm
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Wikipedia
Cider (pronounced /ˈsaɪdɚ/) is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermented juice of apples mainly, though pears are also used;[1] in the UK, pear cider is known as perry. In the United States and parts of Canada, where the term cider almost exclusively refers to non-alcoholic apple juice (apple cider), the phrase hard cider is used to denote the fermented version.

OMG
I can't believe this thread is supposed to be about apple juice. The non-fermented kind.

So there we have it.
In the US:
apple cider=apple juice
hard cider = cider (as we know it)
Quite what makes it so hard is beyond me. Why can't you guys just call it apple jjuice? Like orange juice and prune juice and cranberry juice etc?
Quote by Renka

up here in canada you gotta drink it warm. its either that or frozen.
i especially like it with cloves in it
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
Neither.

Winter Fruits Kopparberg cider ftw
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by urbanfox

Although isn't Cider in the US just apple juice - Point still stands as to why you'd want it warm though...

well the americans are wrong..... again.

cider is a british term for an alcoholic apple drink.

its best cold, but more drinkable warm then beer is.
In America, apple cider usually refers to a juice that has been made from the entire apple. That's why it's cloudy, there is a lot of particulate matter in it.

Me, I like to drink hot cider with ginger snaps on a cold winter day. Nothing like it.
If I must drink cider then it shall be cold and alcoholic.

Alcoholic cider isn't bad really... I just feel gay drinking it.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by 89cruefan
well the americans are wrong..... again.

cider is a british term for an alcoholic apple drink.

its best cold, but more drinkable warm then beer is.

apple cider, not cider, is juice or apple juice in the US. eurofags just love more than anything to get on americans about anything and everything. is it because you lost the war?
Quote by butter free
apple cider, not cider, is juice or apple juice in the US. eurofags just love more than anything to get on americans about anything and everything. is it because you lost the war?

I sincerely hope you're just having a nice little joke.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
OMG
I can't believe this thread is supposed to be about apple juice. The non-fermented kind.

So there we have it.
In the US:
apple cider=apple juice
Quite what makes it so hard is beyond me. Why can't you guys just call it apple jjuice? Like orange juice and prune juice and cranberry juice etc?

A hard drink is an alcoholic drink, while a soft drink is anything that doesn't contain alcohol.

Apple juice is made differently, in that it is only juice. Cider contains entire apples that have been blended and smashed into a fine pulp.
Quote by butter free

This is not 4chan's /b/. We do not use terms such as 'eurofag'. I would also highly recommend taking a history class. We don't "love more than anything to get on americans about anything and everything" it's just very different hearing the way you change the English language, especially as Cider is an English drink and you change it's name, much like the jelly/jello fiasco. Get over yourself.
Quote by blynd_snyper
This is not 4chan's /b/. We do not use terms such as 'eurofag'. I would also highly recommend taking a history class. We don't "love more than anything to get on americans about anything and everything" it's just very different hearing the way you change the English language, especially as Cider is an English drink and you change it's name, much like the jelly/jello fiasco. Get over yourself.

Huzzah! +1, and a jolly good show!
Quote by OddOneOut
OMG

So there we have it.
In the US:
apple cider=apple juice

No, that's a little wrong. We can't call it apple juice because we have both apple juice and apple cider, they're two different beverages.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider should clear some things up.
Last edited by Erik_Aero at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by blynd_snyper

Hey, he started off his message that I QUOTED saying "Americans are wrong... again." As if that is a nice way to say something. Oh right, so innocent, just as you put it. "Come on now sonny, he was just comparing the way we speak the languages." Then why are we wrong "again"?

BTW, this is not /b/, but if you take a good look around you might see it's getting quite similar. 4chan isn't the monster it was and is pretty soft now.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
A hard drink is an alcoholic drink, while a soft drink is anything that doesn't contain alcohol.

Apple juice is made differently, in that it is only juice. Cider contains entire apples that have been blended and smashed into a fine pulp.

After looking through the internet it appears to be more cloudy and it looks quite thick. Unlike apple juice. (i'm starting to get it now)
Although, it doesn't bear much resemblance to the 'hard cider'
Quote by Renka

Quote by butter free
Hey, he started off his message that I QUOTED saying "Americans are wrong... again." As if that is a nice way to say something. Oh right, so innocent, just as you put it. "Come on now sonny, he was just comparing the way we speak the languages." Then why are we wrong "again"?

BTW, this is not /b/, but if you take a good look around you might see it's getting quite similar. 4chan isn't the monster it was and is pretty soft now.

Yes, he said that Americans are wrong again. As much as you may not like to believe it Americans make mistakes, as do the rest of the world, and even if he did say it with malicious intent it doesn't mean you need to lower this discussion to the level you did. I never denied the fact that he was innocent, but sometimes in the pit you've just got to ignore some little stupid comments and take the higher road.

Again, just because the pit is looking more and more like /b/ every day does not mean that you have to help the transformation. As I spend a fair amount of time on 4chan I realize that it's not evil, but many times have I seen the USA vs. Europe argument and it always resorts to pathetic name calling, please don't bring that to UG.
Quote by OddOneOut
After looking through the internet it appears to be more cloudy and it looks quite thick. Unlike apple juice. (i'm starting to get it now)
Although, it doesn't bear much resemblance to the 'hard cider'

Hot apple cider inthe US usually has spice added orsomething
Quote by blynd_snyper

I hate the adding of '-fag' to everything to make it a negative thing. Eurofag? Sorry people naturally support their country when things are different in other countries
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2