I can only spend like $150 'cause my mother doesn't want me the "waste my money on another guitar" I tried to explain that I DON'T own a bass..yet so any semi desent ones out there?
Used guitars are a much better value for beginning if you ask me.
Are their any music stores around that sell used guitars and basses?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
squier affinty series
try a few and you could find an awesome bass
buy without trying and you end up with a pice of wood with strings
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
squier affinty series
try a few and you could find an awesome bass
buy without trying and you end up with a pice of wood with strings

Any other squier series would be better in my option.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
dont just get a stupid starter pack cuase thats hwat i got and the amp totally sucks, if its like mine theyll just give you a guitar amp and it sounds terrible, and the cable crackles so much i want to start it on fire, im a relativly good player ( 7 months nonestop practice/playing/lesson, and i cant evenplay anymore cuase its so bad, so id get a used guitar or amp and spend like 30 bucks on a decent cord. thats all i can say, andplay EVERYTHING cept the cord mby, before you buy it. and $150 dollars wont get you nothin personally unless its a squire wich i guess is ok but hte guitars totally suck, but i spent $350 on a starter pack and want to kill the person that made it, so your kinda screwed i guess...but in your thing you should just try the stuff in your price range and get whats best

Quote by Woogles
YES, thats basicly your only option now unless you want the crappies amp and cable in the world a a decent beginner guitar, but if its used you get better stuff for the money
I would recommend a Squire or an Ibanez starter pack. It's over budget, but they give you a decent bass (no, squire basses are not bad at all), a bass amp (so you don't destroy a guitar amp, which can't handle bass frequencies) and other alsorted bits which will just be nice to have spares of.

Or, you could see if the FAQ has a bass and an amp you could get second hand in that budget.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Woogles

Yeah ther eare like 2 almost beside each other... and a third a little down the road
GuitarCenter KenStaton and a local place Dirt cheep music
Quote by kerjacklebass&!
dont just get a stupid starter pack cuase thats hwat i got and the amp totally sucks, if its like mine theyll just give you a guitar amp and it sounds terrible, and the cable crackles so much i want to start it on fire, im a relativly good player ( 7 months nonestop practice/playing/lesson, and i cant evenplay anymore cuase its so bad, so id get a used guitar or amp and spend like 30 bucks on a decent cord. thats all i can say, andplay EVERYTHING cept the cord mby, before you buy it. and $150 dollars wont get you nothin personally unless its a squire wich i guess is ok but hte guitars totally suck, but i spent $350 on a starter pack and want to kill the person that made it, so your kinda screwed i guess...but in your thing you should just try the stuff in your price range and get whats best

YES, thats basicly your only option now unless you want the crappies amp and cable in the world a a decent beginner guitar, but if its used you get better stuff for the money

I don't need the pack just the bass (and strap) for now...
Quote by Woogles
Any other squier series would be better in my option.

Yeah but I have tiny hands so I can't play precision bass that well... could get a jazz though
Last edited by KdotYdotMdot at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by gm jack
I would recommend a Squire or an Ibanez starter pack. It's over budget, but they give you a decent bass (no, squire basses are not bad at all), a bass amp (so you don't destroy a guitar amp, which can't handle bass frequencies) and other alsorted bits which will just be nice to have spares of.

Or, you could see if the FAQ has a bass and an amp you could get second hand in that budget.

I like ibanez
Quote by KdotYdotMdot
I don't need the pack just the bass (and strap) for now...

Not if you don't have a bass amp. Don't play a bass through a guitar amp unless you don't mind losing it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you can find a used Peavey, then you will get a quality instrument for like 100-150. I find the model I own for like 80$ all over the place.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
bloody hell, QUADROUPLE POSTING!!!
erm yh about the bass, look on ebay, or advert sites that shows people around ur area who would like to sell their gear (Loot, gumtree, and stuff)
as a thought, small hands are no excuse for small necks. I saw a dude with little hands doing a good slap on a 6er once, if he can do it, you can.

but I'd try to get your mom to let you spend a little more.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If you can put in just a little more on that budget you could get an Ibanez starter pack. Ibanez makes great starter instruments.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
jay turser is a good bass for beginners and its really cheap. i own one and i find that it works pretty well and its also light compared to other basses