For the past 12 years or so I have been speculating on guitars.

In the 90's I bought every USA made Kramer and BC Rich I could.

Average prices for these was 100 - 400.

I have sold some of these for up to 2800.00

I also bought a ton of parts from Kramer when they went out of business. I bought necks, bodies, truss rod covers, pickguards, etc....

I am holding this stuff for a little while longer while the value creeps up - the average cost for a Kramer neck or body was 15 -> 25 dollars.

I'm pretty confident that the investment will pay off. I was wondering what people are betting on being big in the used market 10 years from now?
the ibanez rg series and the epiphone profacy lline
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Eh, I passed on a lot of RGs as I remember them hen they were new and I was never that impressed.

Oddly enough, they were everywhere when I was a kid and I never see those or the 540 models anywhere used.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Eh, I passed on a lot of RGs as I remember them hen they were new and I was never that impressed.

Oddly enough, they were everywhere when I was a kid and I never see those or the 540 models anywhere used.

Maybe because everyone likes their RG so much?
Call me Trey.
could be.

I swear somewhere there are about a trillion Series 10, Digitech Twin Tube/GSP-21 processors, Ibanez RG and 540 models.

These were everywhere now they're all gone.
The owner of the guitar shop I buy my stuff at uses guitars as his retirement savings plan. He usually gets a few rare customs a year. He's got an all chrome strat, '57 original gold top and one of those Ibanez Steve Vai sigs; the acrylic with flourescent colour swirlies in it...all in his office.

Seems like a good investment these days; new is the way to go from what I've heard in terms of value, but down the road...
New is usually not the way to go if you're looking for investment.

I would never use guitars as my 401k as a lot of things can happen in the guitar market.

For me it's just a fun hobby.