Hey all,
I was just wondering if this poedal is worth it. I have Roctron V80R combo and I like the tone and the distortion on the amp I just think I want to give it that little extra edge. This pedal is pretty inexpensive and I've read some reviews and I just wanted to see what UG's opinion was .

Sorry I forgot to mention that I play metal.

And don't tell me to buy a some crazily expensive OD or buy a better amp. I just want to know if this OD is good. Thanks.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
solid state amps don't take well to od pedals. And you can't shape the distortion much (not tone)
It's a very "trebbly" pedal - I like it on a very low gain setting, it gives a sound a bit like London Calling by the Clash, or maybe indie bands. On higher gain settings, again it's quite bright and not very warm, but gives a kind of Iron Maiden heaviness, just brighter.

They dont make them anymore, so when you can find them, they're really cheap, I got mine for £30 - for that price, you really cant go wrong. If you dont like it, it's no big deal.
Yea I'm not really looking much to change the distortion I just kinda want to give it a little 'umph' if you know what I mean.

Anyone else?
(Gear in profile)

Give it a run...if you don't like it you can just flip it on ebay for about what you paid for it and find something else.
Alright thanks everybody.

Any last suggestions?
(Gear in profile)

Quote by whytefyre_hawk
Yea I'm not really looking much to change the distortion I just kinda want to give it a little 'umph' if you know what I mean.

Anyone else?
It works great boosting tube and ss amps. People assume you can't boost ss amps but that's just plain wrong. The only complaint about this pedal is that it doesn't have an on/off indicator light.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION