Ok, this may sound cheesey but i work in the metal industry. I mean that literly, like, i sell stainless steel. Now with that Ive develuped relationships with people from all types of different metal related businesses. And recently ive been talking to a lady about making me Diamond Plate covers for Explorer guitars (Hetfield style) and maybe trying to put some up on ebay or something.

What does the pit think of that? Would any of ya'll consider getting one? My price would be significantly lower then sharp-concepts.com which charges like, $300.00 or more just for the top, then like $65 for the headstock cover or something.

I was thinking of like, $175 for the top. so?????
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Maybe If I saw some pictures...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
I made myself a pickguard out of diamond plate.....for free

my friend got a sheet of the stuff as a leftover from an autobody shop
spent the afternoon cutting it up

though doing it with some CNC laser cutter machine would be pimp
I thought this was gonna be about the band Diamond Plate covering something by James Hetfield....
Quote by patsox834
Man, you're clearly in the wrong place. The dudes of the Pit are ladykillers.

Totally
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx

This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You could sell them, but for some no name randomer you'd have problems getting people to part with $175. What does it cost to actually make one? Considering the fact nobody would know who you are, you wont get away with charing more than $10-$20 over cost price. Then if your ussing something like ebay you have to factor in the fees for the ones that dont sell, postage, etc.

It could be worth it, but there's a lot of sums to do if you want to avoid wasting your time and money
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Well, ESP already does that, so...
Still a cool idea
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Heres a pictures so people know what im talking about
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
That looks fucking hot.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Well, esp hardly does it as their only current model being the Static-600. As for price, i think that 175 is a great price considering that my only comptetitors charge almost twice that. And to address the randomer part, ive sold over 30 guitars on ebay, so i have some what of a reputation.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Quote by Neo_Towel
Well, esp hardly does it as their only current model being the Static-600. As for price, i think that 175 is a great price considering that my only comptetitors charge almost twice that. And to address the randomer part, ive sold over 30 guitars on ebay, so i have some what of a reputation.

How much would shipping cost to the UK anyway?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
i would consider it if i had a explorer or my jackson ke3 wasn't transparent black

do it for different model guitars too
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by tap_3
I thought this was gonna be about the band Diamond Plate covering something by James Hetfield....

This.

Diamond Plate = Win.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
well i plan on doing it for different models, but the explorers just a start. as far as shipping to the UK, im pretty sure that it could be done for around $40 US, but dont hold me to that. Ive sent alot of stuff overseas, usually weighing ten times this much, but there might be a base price. If your serious i can find out.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
If you do one for a lefty I may be interested..
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I could do that easily. Itll just be flipped over. Love your icon btw!
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Quote by Tomoo666
I wonder what it would look like if I diamond plated my les paul....

Sharp designs on a curvy guitar = A big fat no

Maybe on a Flying V or something, but not something as classy as a Les Paul.
Real men don't need sigs.
That price still seems expensive... All it is is a piece of cut steel.

Plus, I don't think many people like the whole top cover thing. Just make a replacement for the normal Explorer pickguard, and sell it uber cheap.
Those are easy to find, and defeat the purpose. And its a professionaly water jet cut piece of metal. I tried to do this myself a couple years back, did not turn out pretty. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic