Oxymoron I know, but it's the best description I could come up with. Have a couple new songs now. Any feedback appreciated. The link is in my signature \/ We could use a few new fans!
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Broken Fingers - A bit too repetitive for my liking... that could be fixed if you made the song a bit shorter. Otherwise, sounds pretty good, I really liked the lead parts for the bass.

Dance - Much catchier, so I can forgive the repetitiveness which is present here also. What struck me here was the overall non-full sound you have, though I know that's close to impossible with one guitarist. So I'm not complaining, because I actually kind of like that style, but I know plenty of people don't.

Enter Soundman - Only thing I feel I should say here is that, when the bass and drums join the solo guitar part a little before 4:00, they seem to be a little off. Otherwise, great stuff.

Overall, superb playing of instruments, including vocals. I can definitely hear Rush in your music.
^ stealing my response style that's fine

In terms of "Broken Fingers" I basically have the exact same as ZombifieD. I think that the track is definitely lacking that something that would keep the listener really interested in the music before subconsciously droning it out. However, the bass leads sound absolutely terrific - more bands need some lead bass lines to be played.

"Dance" is totally different - it's way catchier. I like the drumming on the rim - it sounds really good and the vocals sound terrific too. I don't really like the tone of the guitar in this song, but the playing sounds good. Unfortunately, I still think that the casual listener will drone out before the song will be done - I've found that for both these songs my attention began to wane around 3:00-3:30 so you can either cut some stuff, or add stuff in to ensure the listener pays attention.

In terms of "Enter Soundman", I basically have the same comments. Everything sounds really good and seems to be mixed fairly well, but you have to know when to end a song (the only way to do this is to have people like myself and others tell you when we stop paying attention. All your songs are "long" - or at least longer than the attention span of an average person. In honesty, I found this tune kept my attention the whole time - just be careful with the other songs.

Pretty good overall - just be aware of whether or not people are actually paying attention to your songs and you'll get an idea of how long things should be. If you've got a chance, let me know what you think about my acoustic stuff http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
Thanks ver much guys. We are looking for a way to trim down broken fingers (stunted fingers?). For some reason when we recorded the other two the engineer wouldn't let me use my POD which is why the guitar is a lot less satisfying.

Will have another song up soon that I have a feeling people are going to like more than any of the other so far.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!