Page 1 of 5
I'll start off with Scott Weiland.

There's another thread right now about him owning this one 16 year old girl, but then again whether that's fake or not i don't blame him.

If you had just been kicked out of a popular band in the most cruel way, had countless fans pleading for your signature etc. after an STP reunion, and then this one 16 year old girl pops up every now and then; and eventually, she even wants you to sign her Velvet Revolver CD, the band that had kicked you out.

Me, I'd be pretty mad, and maybe the ducking from the camera thing was a revenge.

next.
Scott Stapp. It ain't his fault he went retarted, it happens. He wasn't really that much of an Eddie Vedder rip off, and either way, he was either a very original singer or a brilliant ripoff.

so, pit, any similarly overhated musicians who maybe don't deserve such hatred?
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Scott is a total asshat. You know why he got kicked out of that popular band? Because he couldn't stop abusing drugs long enough to write a full goddamn song.

He deserves all the hate he gets, especially because he's as arrogant as Axel Rose.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Michael Jackson!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Teen Spirit

There's another thread right now about him owning this one 16 year old girl, but then again whether that's fake or not i don't blame him.

If you had just been kicked out of a popular band in the most cruel way, had countless fans pleading for your signature etc. after an STP reunion, and then this one 16 year old girl pops up every now and then; and eventually, she even wants you to sign her Velvet Revolver CD, the band that had kicked you out.

Me, I'd be pretty mad, and maybe the ducking from the camera thing was a revenge.

next.
Scott Stapp. It ain't his fault he went retarted], it happens. He wasn't really that much of an Eddie Vedder rip off, and either way, he was either a very original singer or a brilliant ripoff.

Wow, it seems you are also retarded.
Quote by Wulphy
Scott is a total asshat. You know why he got kicked out of that popular band? Because he couldn't stop abusing drugs long enough to write a full goddamn song.

He deserves all the hate he gets, especially because he's as arrogant as Axel Rose.

+1
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Quote by Sad But False
Lars Ulrich , just leave him alone!!

Indeed.

However, one can never hate Dave Mustaine enough.
Quote by dxtreme
Wow, it seems you are also retarded.

heh. funny. Why are you so funny? Can I be just like you? Can I be funny too?

go to hell man, i'm expressing my opinion.

Quote by Wulphy

true, but it's seroiusly gotta suck to be told by Slash.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
pete wentz

/thread
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Dragonforce
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by talia.
pete wentz

/thread

what, pete wentz is overly hated?
you misread, he deserves to be hated.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by shadesofanger
Dragonforce

Yeah I agree, they are actually a lot better than most people give them credit for.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by shadesofanger
Dragonforce

+ 1

Ok, DragonForce does a lot of studio work but still, their recording still sounds amazing and they're not bad people. I do hate that people think they're amazing. That they don't deserve. Also, they're pretty much always drunk live. There's also a lesson with Herman Li where he kinda plays stuff on his songs and sweeps pretty well.
Quote by mzhang13
+ 1

Ok, DragonForce does a lot of studio work but still, their recording still sounds amazing and they're not bad people. I do hate that people think they're amazing. That they don't deserve. Also, they're pretty much always drunk live. There's also a lesson with Herman Li where he kinda plays stuff on his songs and sweeps pretty well.

Oh yeah, thats another thing. I hate it when people go on about them being terrible live when they have only watched that one video on youtube.
Truth is that I have seen them twice and both times they weren't bad at all.
Own a PS3?
Herman Li sweeps very sloppily in every instructional youtube video of him I've seen.

Lots of shredders seem to not like Yngwie because of his excessively over-egotistic attitude. But he is a darn good player.

Also, Zakk Wylde. Give the guy a break.

And, like it or not.."Synyster Gates" is a good guitarist and has a good ear for music. Sure, his getup is stupid, but he can play. He also went to MI, which is an accomplishment.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by Teen Spirit

next.
Scott Stapp. It ain't his fault he went retarted, it happens. He wasn't really that much of an Eddie Vedder rip off, and either way, he was either a very original singer or a brilliant ripoff.

I'm pretty sure Scott quit Velvet Revoler.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
DragonForce (especially Herman) get way too much crap. They're good players and in my opinion, a great band. Herman and Sam are only sloppy players live, and even then some of the live videos I've seen of them, they play very well. Watch the Young Guitar DVD clips and tell me they aren't good guitarists.

I also agree that Synyster Gates is a little but overhated as well. I don't think he's really that good (his sweep picking video is rather poor). But it's the same as what some people think about Dragonforce. I'm not a fan of them, but their studio recordings are quite technical and they're decent players.
Trivium.

You might hate the band, but Matt Heafy has some ****ing guitar skills.

Herman Li

He is a skilled player at best but sometimes he gets sloppy. I didn't mention Sam because he just truly sucks, sorry.
Dragonforce
Fall Out Boy
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Greenday. If you don't like it, don't listen to it

Greenday is ****ing good band.

They're hated, why?
Quote by Teen Spirit

right about something i guess

wentz is such a poser, i mean what kinda adult thinks pretending to kill themselves for attention is cool
Quote by Teen Spirit

Please explain why he deserves to be hated?

Also +1 to dragonforce they are teh awesome

Edit: And to the person above, I heard he did actually overdose on something in an attempted suicide..
Last edited by *powerslave* at Jul 25, 2008,
trivium

their all awesome players and write great songs

and so what if they sound a LITLLE like metallica, i like metallica
Sig space available, give me some praise
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!

And I'd say Fall Out Boy, TBH. Wentz is a douche who has boring lyrics, but they're a really good pop rock band, and their lead guitarist has some really catchy leads.
Oh yeah, Avenged Sevenfold is another one.
I know they aren't amazing and a lot of their fans annoy me but you have to give them credit for some of the stuff on their newest album. Its pretty interesting and its nice to see that they have broken away from the music that they were making and creating an original sound.
I'm not too keen on the singer's voice though.
Own a PS3?
Quote by ross1234
trivium

their all awesome players and write great songs

and so what if they sound a LITLLE like metallica, i like metallica

I actually don't think they sound much like Metallica. I guess it's just the whole "we are true thrash" thing that some people don't like about them.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by slash fan #1
HEY! Whats wrong with Slash?

I think he means the fact that Slash took so much drugs, then cleaned up and told Scott to go away for dug abuse.
Quote by TheOneManBand12
good point, like it or not, downloading music is WRONG.
METALLICA WAS RIGHT

but downloading music helps stop global warming
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by slash fan #1
HEY! Whats wrong with Slash?

Slash used to be a heroin addict and alcoholic so when he tells someone that they have a drug problem it must be a pretty bad feeling for that person.
Own a PS3?
Quote by original=punk
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!

And I'd say Fall Out Boy, TBH. Wentz is a douche who has boring lyrics, but they're a really good pop rock band, and their lead guitarist has some really catchy leads.

yeah, patrick should take over qriting again, TTTYG was a good album
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by cliffemall123
I actually don't think they sound much like Metallica. I guess it's just the whole "we are true thrash" thing that some people don't like about them.

maybe bu theres no denying the crusade was a thrash album
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by CaptainJack666
yeah, patrick should take over qriting again, TTTYG was a good album

It was their best.
Page 1 of 5