Hey... I'm doing some recording for my band, and I need a better microphone.

I need a USB microphone that can produce good sound for metalcore, and still sound good doing lighter rock, screaming and singing. any ideas?

People have recommended Shure microphones, but i figured I'd see what you guys have to say.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
Well...what's the budget, and would you mind getting a good interface and microphone kit? Based on what you are doing, you may want a Shure SM58 (normal microphone) or Rode Podcaster (USB).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
well, I was hoping to keep it under $150.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
most cheap mics break up at moderate volumes and so I would tend to want to get a higher quality true dynamic mic.
I also suggest an audio interface such as an M-Audio Fast Track or Line6 Toneport UX1
Hmm...I'd go for a Behringer XM8500 and an Art Dual Pre or M Audio Fasttrack. It'll be $120 with both (you may want to snag a stand and don't forget a microphone cable too...it'll be $140ish then). You can upgrade the microphone to an SM58 when you get the chance, though that microphone is spectacular for the price. I got two for the college radio station I head, and they handled gigs and are built solidly. It's a little darker than a 58, but I wouldn't hesitate or regret getting them.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
You'll get better results with a 'proper' mic over a USB one. There is a reason why there are no professional mics that are USB, and that the only one Rode makes (a company with good reputable standards) they advertise for podcasting, not recording.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.