Poll: Which should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which should I get?
Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX
12 52%
Jackson KVX10 King V
7 30%
Another V! (In my price range $500 - lower)
4 17%
Voters: 23.
My birthday just passed, and I got a lot of money from relatives (my mom's side) and my folks. About $475, and I still have my stepdad's and my dad's side of the family for more cash. I really wanna get a new axe, a V. I dont know which I should get though. Right now I'm thinking the Jackson KVX10 or the Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature.

Jackson: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JVX10-X-King-V?sku=512235

Dean: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515169

Which should I get? If I get the Jackson, almost all my b-day money will go to it. However, if I get the Dean, then I can still have some money left over for other stuff (like a Zune/iTouch).

Also, if you have any other suggestions (as far as V's in my price range, which is $500 - lower), please feel free to post them.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Last edited by guitarist792 at Jul 25, 2008,
you should play both before deciding

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
get the Dean.. in black.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Bump.

Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
id say keep saving for that alexi...you can find them used all over ebay for a couple hundred more than what your looking to spend right now
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
You make a good point. Not only that, but I might be getting a job in a couple weeks or so. Even if I bought either of those, it would be a small upgrade. So I might save up. Then again, I might want money left over for other things.

Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Out of those two, the Jackson will probably be more worthwhile. Jackson makes quality stuff on all levels.
get the jackson and swap the pickups and tremolo for an OFR and you have yourself a bolt on KV2
Hey, I just found this pretty good deal on the Jackson with the case. Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-KING-V-KVX10-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-W-CASE_W0QQitemZ200241882928QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have enough money for it.

Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
well, the feedback is 99% positive. go for it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Personally, I'd try and save up more cash to get a worthwhile guitar. Neither of those guitars are particularly stellar, and any trem-equipped guitar below $500 will have a **** LFR. (Except some occasions, like used or the ZR trem.)

If you plan on getting a new guitar, make sure it's a worthwhile upgrade that will make you stay with it instead of thinking, "****, I need to save up more to get a new and better guitar!".

If you are DEAD set on getting a new guitar, I highly advise trying out these guitars in store since QC (quality control) is rather sketchy.
I'm planning on that. It doesnt expire until the 30th, so that gives me time to check it out before then.

Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
id still save save up for that alexi...its an awesome guitar...or if you look in the used section of guitarcenter.com...theres some good stuff in there...some used randy rhoads for under $900...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15