I've been playing for almost a year and a half, and I can alternate pick good and all that but galloping is always hard for me.

I want to gallop alot for a long period of time and my wrist gets tired very fast. A friend told me it's all in the wrist and to not use my arm.. but I don't know how. How can I improve so I can gallop nicely without getting tired?
Hmm... Try to keep your pick closer to the strings and make smaller movements with your wrist... if that doesn't help I think you might just need some more wrist strength? o.O
start out practicing on an easy song for the triplets like barracuda and once you get the triplets down you can work on making it a gallop
Quote by Littleangus44
start out practicing on an easy song for the triplets like barracuda and once you get the triplets down you can work on making it a gallop

Yeah lol, when I try to practice, I always do it to barracuda, or raining blood. they help.

its just i know some songs that have galloping for the whole interlude riff thing for the vocals (mostly in speed metal) and its hard
Galloping well takes a lot of stamina; you'll have to do it a lot before you can keep up with the best of them. Try learning songs by bands like Slayer, Metallica and Iron Maiden and play them all in a row, every day. The more often you play these kinds of things the easier they'll be so you'll be able to play faster things like Battery by Metallica and ****ing Hostile by Pantera. I'm still working on those two, ****ing Hostile takes me a bit of effort to do but I can't get Battery up to speed yet.

If you really want a challenge try Disciples of the Lie by Iced Earth, it might kill you

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kOEBWjM837k
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Vixus
Galloping?

Listen to/Watch the song in the link, the rhythm guitar in that song does very little other than gallop. It can also be heard in "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden and "Battery" by Metallica as well as any number of other songs.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
the easiest kind of galloping is triplets.

Not the same thing at all. Triplets are three evenly spaced notes, galloping is the various arrangements of two 16ths and one 8th.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.