Are they of good quality? I'm thinking of putting a Stagg L320 on layaway, costs $340. I played one at my local music shop and liked it, what's your guys' thoughts on Stagg? And please dont just say "Stagg suckzors lulz get a Gibson LeZ PaUl" Give me reasons why
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Well they are made as begginer guitars are they not? Is that what your looking for?
No thats not at all what I'm looking for.. I'm trying to upgrade from my Washburn WG-208 (props if you know that guitar) a $340 beginner guitar seems kind of steep doesn't it?
340 for me seems like a beginner guitar. If you like it don't worry about what a bunch of dopey kids who play teh brootlz on the internet say
Well there is low end and high end Beginner guitars, it probably being high end.
Quote by SenorSmiley
340 for me seems like a beginner guitar. If you like it don't worry about what a bunch of dopey kids who play teh brootlz on the internet say

Quote by Skirvy
Well there is low end and high end Beginner guitars, it probably being high end.

Would you guys say I could get better for the price, or is this a price where like everything I get is gonna be a beginner guitar?
Have a look around the internet, ask in the guitar store, get a summer job. Don't just buy any guitar, buy one that you love the sound of, even if it is a ''beginner guitar''
I would say you could get a better used guitar for the money. I have a Fender that I am selling that would be much better for the money, that's almost $400.00 - a decent amount of money.
Quote by Skirvy
Have a look around the internet, ask in the guitar store, get a summer job. Don't just buy any guitar, buy one that you love the sound of, even if it is a ''beginner guitar''

1. I do have a summer job
2. I've been looking around the internet, but would rather get something I've played and felt rather than relying on pictures. And every guitar that I'd like to get, my local music store doesn't carry them They're mostly a Fender shop
Yeah i agreed with SenotSmiley, Fender is the way to go

Well actually it depends.

What type of music do you play?
also, don't get hung up on the whole - i have to play it before i buy it - as this is greatly exagerated online.

I have bought hundreds of guitars online - from under 100 to several thousand. If you deal with an honest store/seller you'll be fine
Stagg really sucks.. I played one a time ago. The switch was broke, the pick-ups suck, the neck sucks... just everything sucks :p
Where are you from?
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
As a step up, I'd go for a guitar that is more solid... The stagg might feel great... (Even sound great!)...

But the parts are typically cheap (I've played a lot of stagg Basses)... and they break down quickly...

Keep looking, if you want a solid guitar, and your store doesn't carry them... go to a store out of town.
I would get an agile, even if you will neverr be able to try it out, you can return it if you dont like it for free
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Quote by SenorSmiley
I would buy an Epiphone before an Agile.

well depends on the model of both guitars?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
alright so i looked around at the agiles, http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guitar-Set-Neck-New-Agile-AL-2000-TE_W0QQitemZ320276521820QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2384QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262 is the quality of that guitar, better or less than the stagg I was going to get? it's a whole lot cheaper, thats for sure

edit: compare that to http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=504
Quote by RabbidWolf
Are they of good quality? I'm thinking of putting a Stagg L320 on layaway, costs $340. I played one at my local music shop and liked it, what's your guys' thoughts on Stagg? And please dont just say "Stagg suckzors lulz get a Gibson LeZ PaUl" Give me reasons why

No!! Don't do it! It's Stagg's les paul copy, right?

My local music store sold Staggs. It's just another les paul copy that looks nice. It's total crap, you could get the same thing with a different brand for $180 or less. Crap wood, crap pickups, crap tuners, crap craftsmanship..

Invest in a brand name. For $340 you could get a REAL les paul, well, one by Epiphone anyway.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517233

REAL Mahogany? For $300? Get an epiphone dude, don't be suckered into copies like Johnson or Stagg. My local music store tried to sucker me into buying a Stagg when I first started out, and man am I glad I didn't get it. I'm much happer with my Ibanez.
An old relative has a Stagg Les Paul, it's really, well, ****. Don't waste the money on it. My Vintage v100 beats it hand down, as would an epi standard. Stay away from Stagg.
Stagg are brilliant beginners guitars. Or even just a cheapbeat up.
Quote by I_am_spartacus
thats so stupid it made my left testical infertile...thanks...asshole
It's often better to buy something that does not look exactly like gibson LPs since most of the price are rights to manufacture.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
stay away from them, my local shop only sells them, and they're horribly overpriced. $340 for that is ridiculous. Check your local craigslist for used epiphone les pauls.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.