i did the mistake of cleaning my ebony fretboard with a damp cloth yesterday, and since then the frets have started oxidizing. i've cleaned it off with fine steel wool a couple times, but the discoloration seems to come back every time i check back on it. what should i do?
Bored2death wrote:

i agree that mcrs music is more creative. an example of this would be the part in im not okay where everything is quiet and gerard says hes okay
Using steel wool will not help it, as you are simply making many fine scratches in it and possibly increase the speed of corrosion.

You could try using a good metal polish and very soft polish cloth. If its really bad, you should consider going and getting it refretted.
Been away, am back

thanks for the heads up. i'll try that
Bored2death wrote:

i agree that mcrs music is more creative. an example of this would be the part in im not okay where everything is quiet and gerard says hes okay
brasso works a treat! just get on it, stat!

make sure you buff it lots and lots and lots, and then some more - a little elbow grease makes all the difference.

also helps to use some masking tape to block off the frets when you're doing this - you've just gone through all that to clean up your fretboard, it'd suck to get it covered in crap again! be sure to rub the tape on your jeans before you stick it down too to prevent residue from sticking to your fretboard.

good luck my friend
It's What I Got:
1983 Ricky 4003 (White)
1990s Ibanez Prestige Sr3006E
1988 Stingray 4

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX-300
Warwick Pro 411