Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
As the title says, it's just another melodic black metal song, I think my fifth, and is one of my favorites because of the little power chorded chorus bit that kind of jumps out at you.

Enjoy.
Attachments:
The Ancient North.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
AA00P
87 IQ
You're right about the chorus 'jumping out at you'.

Good song.
Broadsword
The Wild Rover
2,548 IQ
My eyes must be deceiving me. A song from you in GP? With a bass line, to boot?

Anyways, I could hear some Bathory influence in there, and I dig the old school vibe it has. I felt the song lacked a definitive section, though, something to make a solid song great. Perhaps a slow, melodic break with a solo on top, a la Dissection?
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Quote by Broadsword
My eyes must be deceiving me. A song from you in GP? With a bass line, to boot?

Anyways, I could hear some Bathory influence in there, and I dig the old school vibe it has. I felt the song lacked a definitive section, though, something to make a solid song great. Perhaps a slow, melodic break with a solo on top, a la Dissection?

Yeah, I dunno, I felt weak when the torrent finished

But, about the song, my influence for my BM stuff is mostly Bathory and Immortal so yay! But, I dunno, I might leave it as is, because I'm the fan of "If it isn't broken, you don't have to fix it" method . Anything you want me to crit?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Jul 25, 2008,
bloodshed344
UG Newbie
1,673 IQ
(I don't expect a C4C from this or whatever, this just a quick crit)

I have never actually listened to black metal so I don't really know how this is supposed to sound, but at first I didn't like it then it slowly grew on me. Now I can't get that chorus out of my head, this is a pretty decent song as it is, although more changeups, fills, variations and such would help.
Broadsword
The Wild Rover
2,548 IQ
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yeah, I dunno, I felt weak when the torrent finished

But, about the song, my influence for my BM stuff is mostly Bathory and Immortal so yay! But, I dunno, I might leave it as is, because I'm the fan of "If it isn't broken, you don't have to fix it" method . Anything you want me to crit?

Yeah, the influence definitely shows. And, the song works either way. It certainly isn't broken.

A free crit, on me.
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
measure 26 sounded a bit funny
otherwise it was solid and had a nice feel
not really what I'd expect from MBM -dunno sacramentum or that other slab of bands lol (dawn and ... the other whichs name i always forget)-