Right, so after much deliberation, I think I've narrowed my choices down to these two, I tried the ENGL today, and thought it sounded fantastic, although I could imagine getting a bit tired of the "stale" tone, but that could just be how quiet I had it.

I've heard many good things about GH's, but literally no-where I can find has any I can try out, so I'm sort of stuff in that respect. And considering I really, really do not want a half stack, or even a quarter stack, then a combo is the only way that I'm willing to go, 50 watts would be ideal.

The sort of sound I'm looking for is anything inbetween Paul Gilbert, Vai, Dream Theater and and something close to this guy.

The ENGL is around £750 that I've seen, and I'd really rather not spend any more than that...thanks!

Also, it's fine enough suggesting any old, out of production Laney's, but I need to try them out, so them being on eBay won't be good enough...

EDIT: I made another thread like this earlier today, but that didn't have the parts about Laney in there, so I've deleted that one, just to clear up board space and to keep the answers focused to one thread, thanks!

EDIT 2: As steven seagull suggested in the other thread, I'll try out the Laney TT's, although I've tried the Orange Rocker before, and whilst I like it, I didn't feel it was the amp for me.
Funny words.
Last edited by I_Am_Iron_Man at Jul 25, 2008,
The nearest thing to a GH50 in combo form would be to find a used VC50 - it's the VH (basically a two channeled GH) but in combo form
Keep an eye out for one, and they go for quite cheap - about £300ish i think...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
The nearest thing to a GH50 in combo form would be to find a used VC50 - it's the VH (basically a two channeled GH) but in combo form
Keep an eye out for one, and they go for quite cheap - about £300ish i think...

Yeah, I've heard good things about those, just unfortunate that they're not made anymore
Funny words.
I'd go with the Screamer our of the two, because of the versatility mostly and also I'd view it to be the superior amp.
Check out eBay for a better price than £750 (not much better), i got mine with a z-4 footswitch for £480 and www.thomann.de have got very good prices on them new!

However if you think the tone is "stale" then I dont think it's the amp for you... or you were eqing it wrong or something :p.

EDIT: Checked price of Screamer on thomann, they've gone up due to the euro being so strong atm, sorry.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
theres a engl screamer used on my craigslist in toronto for 1200! 750 is pretty good from what i've seen