greetings all, i'm wondering if there are any good all purpose vst harmonizers, i would primarily use it with a guitar but maybe other things too depending on how much i start playing with it. any suggestions please let me know, thanks!
Could you just duplicate the track and use a pitch shift plugin on one of the tracks?
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
Quote by nezv6
Could you just duplicate the track and use a pitch shift plugin on one of the tracks?

I don't think this would work because there are different tone and semitone intervals in a scale. So that would work for some notes but others it wont if you pitch bend the whole track. I don't know if you can pitch shift each note differently in the track.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
yeah I don't think you'll have much luck finding a free harmonizer, but there are many good ones for a price, like the ones suggested above.

If you tried duplicating the track and pitch shifting it, it wouldn't be diatonic, only a set interval (ie M3, what have you).
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
You could look at the antares harmonizer. Also melodyne seems to allow for harmonization like that.
You could try just singing the harmony yourself? :L It will sound more natural.. Just takes some practice to get it right.
Eventide Quadravox (or Octovox) is a VST Harmonizer (up to 4 or 8 part harmony depending on the model)  It needs to know the key you are playing in as well as the scale  (Major, Minor, Mixolydian etc)