Hey. I have seen a Marshall JCM 800 4212 50 watt combo for sale for £300.

I currently play a PRS ce22 straight through a tiny terror and I feel that I need more gain. I want to be able to play Van Halen and Randy Rhoads levels of gain, along with other stuff like ACDC and GnR. Can the marshall do this? Is the price worth it?

Also what are the cleans like? Anyone know if it has an FX loop? If so then series / parallel?

cheers
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by ironman1478
that is a great deal, but if you like the tone of the tiny terror then just get an od

The TT is alright but i find it too middy (note: I don't "scoop" my mids as such, just the TT sounds awefully honky, and this is accentuated by the use of an OD).

Also I find that for the TT to sound high-gain, I have to pick hard. Whenever I pick softly it sounds almost clean.

Will the marshall be like this, or will it respond more to the gain knob rather than than pick strength?
Bump
yea, that's a really good price i think. That's like 500 USD, right? If it's between 5 and 6 hundred USD, that's pretty good. And you'd definitely be able to play your style of music. Cleans (if it's the combo version of the 2205) are decent. Not fender-ish, but good enough. The loop i'm not sure about.