Hi all.

I bought a loaf of cheap Tesco bread. Yes it's extremely cheap and I wasn't expecting the best quality. Usually it kind of sticks it's crusts together and tears a bit when you get it out of the packet. I was going to make a toastie and realised a bit of the top of the bread was missing and thought it was just because of the quality, but later on I went to make a sandwich and it was all the way down. Then I realised there was a hole in the bag. There had clearly been another being feasting on my bread. This was from brand new. What exactly can you do in this situation given that I've opened the packet and eaten two slices of it?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Either take it into the store and explain what's happened (the Store Manager is usually involved at some point) and you'll be given some sort of refund, if not extra goodies to spend; or you could complain in writing to the company itself, which'll get you the same pretty much.

I work at Tesco as well. Chances are it's birds either in the warehouse or in the depots.
Freaky... I noticed a bit of the top-middle part of my bread slice missing too, bread bought from Tesco just yesterday. I just ate it though... think I'll check for creatures (I read in the Metro just a few days ago about a couple finding Black Widow Spiders in grapes they bought from Tesco)
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Dæmönika
Either take it into the store and explain what's happened (the Store Manager is usually involved at some point) and you'll be given some sort of refund, if not extra goodies to spend; or you could complain in writing to the company itself, which'll get you the same pretty much.

I work at Tesco as well. Chances are it's birds either in the warehouse or in the depots.

I demand 5 billion clubcard points.

Do you think that would be reasonable compensation?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

ZOMG brea eating spiders come across on der BANNANAZZZ!!!!1!1!!11!
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Did you just make a thread about bread??

*headshake*

PS
Dont be a pussy, eat it as fast as you can
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by rickmeister
Freaky... I noticed a bit of the top-middle part of my bread slice missing too, bread bought from Tesco just yesterday. I just ate it though... think I'll check for creatures (I read in the Metro just a few days ago about a couple finding Black Widow Spiders in grapes they bought from Tesco)

Yeah thats what it was, but all the way down the loaf. Join me in my crusade?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

I'll have to check when I next make a sandwich, doubt it will be down the whole loaf as the other slice was fine. Still, bitching about Tesco is awesome so I will join you in your crusade whether my bread has been feasted upon by another creature or not.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
Quote by rickmeister
I'll have to check when I next make a sandwich, doubt it will be down the whole loaf as the other slice was fine. Still, bitching about Tesco is awesome so I will join you in your crusade whether my bread has been feasted upon by another creature or not.

U got a clubcard? We could make millions.....of points.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Pyrest
£1 in every £7 is spent in Tesco.
Sue the bastards.

Not a problem. I have to go tomorrow for my lottery ticket so why not.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

I don't have a clubcard, I don't understand the point of them. Everytime I go there I get asked if I have a clubcard or if I want cashback. I'm just like "**** off off grandma I don't ask you personal questions about your life do I look like I want to be surveyed?"
Not really, I'm usually very polite. However that brings me to a theory that if you find fake teeth inside your loaf then it's extremely likely that one of the workers behind the counter has been munching your food while you try and put your other grocieries in bags. I don't understand why I have to do that, surely I shouldn't be made to bag groceries unless I'm getting paid for it. Is that what cashback is??
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
Cashback is when you pay by card and withdraw money added on to your purchase. Examply, your shopping comes to £20, but you need a tenner so you ask for £10 cashback. Your shopping now comes to £30, but you receive a tenner. I hope that explained it.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

The bread with Christ on it told him to do it .
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
The bread with Christ on it told him to do it .

If I got that from Tesco I'd be rich and famous. Sadly, it was merely half eaten by some bread eating creature that has yet to reveal itself.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
If I got that from Tesco I'd be rich and famous. Sadly, it was merely half eaten by some bread eating creature that has yet to reveal itself.

Try leaving a piece of bread on a plate, maybe it was something from your house.

You could also look inside all the bread and see if the creature is still in there.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Try leaving a piece of bread on a plate, maybe it was something from your house.

You could also look inside all the bread and see if the creature is still in there.

Nah it was definately from when I bought it. I was in a rush so I didn't get chance to inspect it before purchase sadly. Then again, never really had a good look at the bread before I bought it.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Was it the 37p Tesco Value bread? That stuff is an insult to bread.....well, compared to something like Warburton's medium white. Now there's a strong loaf!

But yet I still have to buy the 37p stuff, low on cash as I am. How depressing.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by The Shadow
Was it the 37p Tesco Value bread? That stuff is an insult to bread.....well, compared to something like Warburton's medium white. Now there's a strong loaf!

Twas indeed. Skint too, Tesco value everything else is fine though. Never bought pasta sauce with an eel swimming in it.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Tesco Value products are underrated....you can get a 12 pack of assorted crisps for only 49p, and they're actually pretty decent too! Plus the Tesco Value vodka has saved me money on plenty of nights, and I defy anyone to tell me the difference between that and other brands.

I guess it might be fair to say that I'm a cheapskate at this point....
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by The Shadow
Tesco Value products are underrated....you can get a 12 pack of assorted crisps for only 49p, and they're actually pretty decent too! Plus the Tesco Value vodka has saved me money on plenty of nights, and I defy anyone to tell me the difference between that and other brands.

I guess it might be fair to say that I'm a cheapskate at this point....

Or a genius?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Originally Posted by The Shadow

i don't mind tesco value bread..
and tesco value rules lol, its a nessesaty for broke people like me
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.