Hehe, funny title!!

*immaturity over*

Well, the nut on my input jack is on an angle, for some reason that I don't know. It happened a couple of months ago and I left it because it actually working better than before - until now. The cord keeps on falling out if there's a bit of movment, and it's really annoying...

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it off, since it's pretty stiff...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
either put a socket on it and tighten it up or if the jack itself is broken just resolder it. costs about 1.00
Quote by SenorSmiley
either put a socket on it and tighten it up or if the jack itself is broken just resolder it. costs about 1.00

K thens, I'll have to try it..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
it's only 2 wires if you need to resolder btw

if you tighten it with your hand it will not be tight enough. but a socket on it and use your hand on that - don't put a rachet on it or you may put too much torque
This has pretty much become the standard reference picture in regards to guitar output repairs thanks to Jenny.

You always want to remove the jack before tightening it to prevent the inside from spinning and ripping the wires apart from their solder points.

I've heard a good preventative is to get a thin locking washer from your local hardware store, and placing it between one of the nuts and the jack to "lock" the nut in place so it doesn't loosen in the future.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."