no versus threads. read the rules please.

*reported*
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Being the biggest prog-head I know. I'd say Rush.

They have the ability to sound distinctive on each of there many albums, yet still retain a solid fan base. Their fan base is still building too, more and more kids are into Rush now than ever.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Are you a troll or something?

Obvious answer is Rush
Gotta go with Rush. Genesis was good from 1970 'til about 1977, but then all the talent left the group and they started writing music for housewives.
rush
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
genisis. rush just kept writing their songs along the same line of organization. genesis was like a huge freakin orchestra. plus that insane voice the guy had
Quote by SpelChek
ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Are you a troll or something?

Obvious answer is Rush

dude youve prolly never even listened to genesis you steriotypical douchbag
This is about the hardest question i've ever been asked, I'm the biggest fan of both Rush and Genesis (i have tribute bands for both)

Well If were talking prog complexity, it's Genesis Hands down. Genesis is to Supper's Ready as Rush is to 2112. So these are the best songs to compare
I can play both on at least one instrument. 2112 Has about 5 different bass riffs in it, while suppers ready rarely repeats verses in the song.

If we are talking about the members ability to play, then it's different, i will assume we are using the 1971-75 line up for genesis, and the 1975-present line up for Rush

It's quite simple: Alex Lifeson=Pwns Steve Hackett On guitar
Neil Peart =Pwns everyone (including Phil Collins) on drums
Geddy Lee = Pwns Mike Rutherford on Bass
Both Phil collins AND Peter Gabriel pwn Geddy Lee on vocals
Tony Banks basically rapes Geddy Lee on keyboards

Live Show: I have seen both within the past year, and it is easily decided that Genesis is MUCH better live, better lights, better sound quality, but slightly less into it.

Albums: Basically the same, they were both amazing in the 70's, sucked in the late 80's early 90's.

I'm gonna have to give my vote to Genesis on this one
Quote by Rush_fan2112
This is about the hardest question i've ever been asked, I'm the biggest fan of both Rush and Genesis (i have tribute bands for both)

Well If were talking prog complexity, it's Genesis Hands down. Genesis is to Supper's Ready as Rush is to 2112. So these are the best songs to compare
I can play both on at least one instrument. 2112 Has about 5 different bass riffs in it, while suppers ready rarely repeats verses in the song.

If we are talking about the members ability to play, then it's different, i will assume we are using the 1971-75 line up for genesis, and the 1975-present line up for Rush

It's quite simple: Alex Lifeson=Pwns Steve Hackett On guitar
Neil Peart =Pwns everyone (including Phil Collins) on drums
Geddy Lee = Pwns Mike Rutherford on Bass
Both Phil collins AND Peter Gabriel pwn Geddy Lee on vocals
Tony Banks basically rapes Geddy Lee on keyboards

Live Show: I have seen both within the past year, and it is easily decided that Genesis is MUCH better live, better lights, better sound quality, but slightly less into it.

Albums: Basically the same, they were both amazing in the 70's, sucked in the late 80's early 90's.

I'm gonna have to give my vote to Genesis on this one

While that may be debatable, Banks did have the most successful rap career.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Munchlaxatives
While that may be debatable, Banks did have the most successful rap career.

lmao i meant rape
Rush
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Genesis, Steve Hackett innovated on Guitar, Alex didn't.

Phil Collins Era Genesis loses to Rush though.
Skill - Rush
Songwriting - Tie
Sound - Rush
Innovation - Rush

That's
Rush - 3 1/2
Genesis - 1/2.

So, I gotta go with Rush.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory