I have a set of DiMarzio D-Activators (4-cond), and my guitar (Ibanez RG3EX) has 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way switch.

The problem that I'm having here is that my neck pickup is the only one that works... the bridge doesn't do anything.

It would be cool if you guys could help me out and give me some advice on how to get my bridge pickup working. Thanks.

btw, I've looked at wiring diagrams... no dice.
it would help if you made a diagram or gave us a picture of how you set it up.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Trace every wire leading from the bridge pickup, check and see if any solder joints are loose or broken. It may just be a bad solder joint, or else your pickup might be dead:S
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
Trace every wire leading from the bridge pickup, check and see if any solder joints are loose or broken. It may just be a bad solder joint, or else your pickup might be dead:S

I hope it's not dead, I bought it not too long ago.

Anyways, here's my amazing diagram:

Should I put my ground wires (green and pink/bare) onto the tone knob or would that be a total noob thing to do?
Last edited by Touq at Jul 25, 2008,
have a gander at this, from the seymour duncan site, very easy diagram to read, especially for someone new to guitar wiring.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w
if your new to soldering, youtube/google some guides and tips to help you out, it will make a big difference.

Edit: forgot to mention, the colour coding of the wires may be different on your pickups, check it out on their website
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
Last edited by Its Just Me at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by Its Just Me
have a gander at this, from the seymour duncan site, very easy diagram to read, especially for someone new to guitar wiring.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w
if your new to soldering, youtube/google some guides and tips to help you out, it will make a big difference.

Edit: forgot to mention, the colour coding of the wires may be different on your pickups, check it out on their website

Yeah, I know the color coding is different, I looked at this before and that's how I came up with my current wiring scheme, however, my bridge doesn't work.