hey there i just was wondering about this guitar and if anyone has any input on it...its a zen-on from 1962-66 and ill post some pics....is this a good guitar and what would it be worth?
Attachments:
guitar 1.bmp
guitar 2.bmp
You have to give people some time.

You can't always expect immediate answers.

Anyways, any chance to get larger photos? Also, any other information you can provide on the guitar would also help.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by SenorSmiley
65 would be fair.

You wouldn't pay anything unless it had Gibson on the headstock.

Exactly how much do you know about the guitar?
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Shows what you know. I have a lot of other types of guitars.

Old Fender from the 60s and 70s, Fender Custom Shop, Fender USA, Gretsch, Ric, Epiphone (from the 60's), Dobro, old and new Martin, Guild, etc....

You just don't have a clue.

The guy is asking about a MIJ five and dime probably a Tiesco or something that doesn't even look to be full scale.

I know some people like off the wall things, but tryth be told this guitar isn't worth paying a lot of money for.

I'll go to Hakel "Guitar Collector of the Stars" profile and see what he has in his jaw dropping collection.

Hey Hakel, instead of knocking my guitar choices why don't you be honest, your "Custom Shop Tele" is an Asian made production model, is it not?
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Jul 25, 2008,
You always have to attack someone when you feel challenged. Admittedly, I suppose I should have changed my comment to "You wouldn't pay anything unless it was US made." I don't pretend to be a collector, and really don't care what you think of my collection. Too be honest also, don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

I'm trying to be helpful to the OP's question, and garner more information in regards to his inquiry. It would be one thing if you could at least back up your reason for pricing with information, but you haven't. That's all I'm looking for.
I wouldn't pay anything unless it was US Made?

Again, you show yourself to have some sort of grudge against me for some reason.

Why don't you try telling the truth?

Here are some of my non USA made guitars:

Gretsch Elliot Easton New Jet
Gretsch Sparkle Jet
Gretsch Pearl Jet
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch New Jet
Gretsch 6119
Line 6 Variax
Line 6 Variax Bass

Fender RR9 prototype
Squier 51

So, again - you're inventing lies about me.

I don't even know who you are so it's funny that you want to call me out.

At least I don't buy a Korean Fender and try to impress by calling it a "Custom Shop" model.

You have something to say about me, go ahead.

But get your facts straight kid.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Shows what you know. I have a lot of other types of guitars.

Old Fender from the 60s and 70s, Fender Custom Shop, Fender USA, Gretsch, Ric, Epiphone (from the 60's), Dobro, old and new Martin, Guild, etc....

You just don't have a clue.

The guy is asking about a MIJ five and dime probably a Tiesco or something that doesn't even look to be full scale.

I know some people like off the wall things, but tryth be told this guitar isn't worth paying a lot of money for.

I'll go to Hakel "Guitar Collector of the Stars" profile and see what he has in his jaw dropping collection.

Hey Hakel, instead of knocking my guitar choices why don't you be honest, your "Custom Shop Tele" is an Asian made production model, is it not?

Fender has it classified as a CUSTOM model. and I never knocked your guitar choices. You like what you like and you'll play what you're going to play. There's nothing wrong with an Asian model (I just can't understand your hatred for anything Asian). I also never lied about the guitar. Anyone can easily look it up, it's not like it's hidden.

You haven't changed since the last time you've been banned. And considering this isn't the thread for this, can you at least stick to the subject at hand?

edit: I've removed the word "shop" from my photo's description. That was my error and I'll admit it (so used to seeing "Custom Shop" that sometimes I'll add the word without thinking. It's still a "custom" model in regards to Fender, and regardless of it being asian made, I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't feel it was quality in make or sound.
Last edited by Hakael at Jul 25, 2008,
Oh yeah, to the OP - ignore this sorry excuse Hakel.

It;s hard to tell, but your guitar looks really close to my Teisco WG-3L.

I paid 45 for it at a tag sale and wouldn't pay more then 65.00
Right, Fender classified it as a custom model.

You identified it as a Custom Shop model

For example

I have an original Fender Telecaster Custom - a production guitar

I also have a few Fender Custom Shop guitars which were built in Fender's custom shop.

You call your guitar a "custom shop" not a "custom"

Again, please explain:

1- Your proof I only buy Gibson
2- Your proof I only buy MIA

What a loser
Oh and Hakel, in answer to your question - how much do I know about the guitar - I own a similar model as I stated. Another of my "non-USA" guitars that I supposedly don't buy.

If you have a problem with someone call them out on it but don't lie about them.

I love it - I give the OP info on his guitar based on what I paid for a similar one and what it's worth and you try to start a bunch of crap.

I list about 10 Asian guitars that I own yet you claim now I have a hatred for anything Asian.

You must be on crack or so friggin stupid you can't read.
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Jul 25, 2008,
Will you two grow up? Fight out your little feuds in PM's if you must, but keep it out of a thread where it has no relevance.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Hey, I was trying to help the OP and this guy wants to jump all over me - if he said something true fine.

If he wants to lie and make up a bunch of crap I'm going to set the record straight.

At least he isn't lying about owning CS guitars anymore.