What bands use 7-stringed guitars?
I can only think of KoRn and Deftones.
'Cos i've been wanting to get one, but i dont feel that these 2 bands are enough to justify spending money on a 7 stringed guitar.

Also, can you play "psychosocial" by slipknot on a 7 stringed guitar, rather than tuning a 6 stringed guitar all the way down to A?

Thanx.
Unearth, Trivium used them here and there, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Periphery, earlier Meshuggah, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Fear Factory just to name a few
And yes, you can play just about anything on a seven string as it's tuned to BEADGBE giving you the high notes of E standard and as low as B standard or Drop A
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Jul 25, 2008,
nevermore uses em so does dimmu dorgir sometimes and vai there also used in jazz but i dont have much knowledge in that area
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Grevious555
Really? What tracks did Trivium use 7 strings on?

'This World Can't Tear us Apart' I believe and I think on a couple more tracks off The Crusade
ohai little sig.
Hypocrisy, Dream Theater are also using 7-string guitars in most of their songs
morbid angel, necrophagist (muhammad does on some songs), also a 7 string could be used to play cannibal corpse
Megadeth probably does, at least I know Chris does.

Also Nevermore, Dream Theater, Meshuggah, Rusty Cooley

I'm so happy a Guitar Center near me got a few decent 7-strings in.... now all i need is 800 bucks
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by Grevious555
Really? What tracks did Trivium use 7 strings on?

And Sadness Will Sear
Becoming the Dragon
This World Can't Tear Us Apart
The Crusade

Those at least and possibly more, there isn't much 7 string work on The Crusade that I'm aware of, I think there's a short clean part somewhere but most of it can be played on a 6 in standar tuning.

One band for you though: Nevermore.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
And Sadness Will Sear
Becoming the Dragon
This World Can't Tear Us Apart
The Crusade

Those at least and possibly more, there isn't much 7 string work on The Crusade that I'm aware of, I think there's a short clean part somewhere but most of it can be played on a 6 in standar tuning.

One band for you though: Nevermore.

Thank you very much, i will check them out at some point. Maybe later, after ive had some sleep. Thank you.
Personally, one thing I would think about, is are you just getting a 7-string so you could play other songs you couldn't play before? If you're really super into playing covers and don't like to write much, I'd say your concerns are valid, but if you do write your own stuff, I would also consider whether or not you would actually use/enjoy having that extra fourth/fifth interval of range in your music.

On topic, the only thing that comes to mind right now is Citizen Erased by Muse, but that's already been said : / I also found this neat list that could possibly be of some help:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Seven-string_guitarists
Quote by guywithguitar
Personally, one thing I would think about, is are you just getting a 7-string so you could play other songs you couldn't play before? If you're really super into playing covers and don't like to write much, I'd say your concerns are valid, but if you do write your own stuff, I would also consider whether or not you would actually use/enjoy having that extra fourth/fifth interval of range in your music.

On topic, the only thing that comes to mind right now is Citizen Erased by Muse, but that's already been said : / I also found this neat list that could possibly be of some help:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Seven-string_guitarists

If he feels comfortable with it, why not?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?