How well do you think USA basketball will do this year? I personally root for Argentina but I can't see USA not getting gold this time around.
The problem with the USA basketball team is that there are always more than a few members that are nothing but over-confident show-offs.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
The problem with the USA basketball team is that there are always more than a few members that are nothing but over-confident show-offs.

So? Just ignore it. If they've got the talent, let them brag.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I think you mean the Celtics will win.

0 celtics are on the USA team. Good one.
I want the USA to win, but then again I want coach K to fail like the loser he is.
Yeah, it does bug me that they picked possibly the most hated coach in the country to coach the USA team.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I know nothing about basketball...not very popular in Germany...are there any other good countries competing besides the US?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by musiclover2399
The USA should have a football team. Tony Dungy would be the coach and USA would massacre all other countries.

I think it's safe to assume Bill Belichik would coach that team. At least that's what I assume.

If the US doesn't win it'll be an even bigger joke than 2004. Then we'll get another retarded "Road to Redemption" series by the bull**** gods ESPN. I kind of hope they lose again, just so they start putting more role players on the team. They did an ok job of that this year with Prince and co., but still overloaded with superstars.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by RichieKotzen
0 celtics are on the USA team. Good one.

Then there's their first mistake.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Does anyone know where a roster has been posted? I can't find any current ones (yes, I fail) .

I just wish we had more big men... Kevin Garnett and Ben Wallace were invited but they didn't want to play. I guess we have Amare Stoudamire, Brad Miller, Chris Bosh... I dunno who else.

And if the Team USA had Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG, they would dominate!

And also, I'm kinda glad that they didn't take Iverson, but we still have one ballhog (Kobe).
Saint Louis Blues
Dwight Howard is team USA's only centre, and they have 2 smallish PF's. Whilst their roster is packed full of talent, they overloaded on guard's big time.
Oh, and I love this quote from the NBA website "Despite playing against a Canada team that’s been together for much longer, the U.S. Team looked surprisingly united"

I have a feeling they looked united because they're the best professional basketball players int he world playing against a bunch of college kids...
Quote by musiclover2399
The USA should have a football team. Tony Dungy would be the coach and USA would massacre all other countries.

How many other nations actually play football as we know it?