It goes inplace of one of the guitar knobs(Push Pull), I have one but I dont use it. I don't see the point of what it does, and everytime I turn it on it sounds bad so I never use it.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Don't know but i really don't recommend using it. EMG's are hot enough as it is.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
the reason i wanted it is because i dont think my amp is that good, its a crate gt65, but if it doesnt really make a difference i wont buy it, thnx,
it basically goes where your tone knob was, and you can make your PASSIVE pickups sound more like active pickups. if you use it with actives you will have way to much overdrive. Valve amps are basically required for them to sound good.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Arbitror
You'll really only benefit from it with a tube amp.

Well, no, as a signal boost it'll have exactly the same effect whether it's DI'd, modelled or run straight into an amp.

However, if you 'don't think your amp is that good', why are you considering buying FX? Get a new amp, problem solved.
im sorry to chime in off topic, but this afterburner u speak of has me intrigued. would anyone be able to post a sound clip of it off then on? thanks.

so this isnt spam: go with a new amp if ur unhappy with urs. i found that if ur unhappy with something, trying to cover it up wont help u feel any better about it. save ur money and get a rig that makes u happier, thus more likely to keep playing it and get better.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
i have an esp mh-400 with 81 and 85, but i think my amp is limiting their sound quality, i might save for a new amp, but ive been looking around for a while and i cant really find one, any sugestions?
i have a valve jr. very inexpensive, and i hear emgs dont sound like they should through a solid state. for the price, u cant beat its sound.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
valve jr comes in head/cab form. thats what i have. $260ish new for full setup.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
id say a b52 tube combo would be good, i forget the name of them but ive played them, and theyre pretty good. also the daughter company of mesa, which is what i have
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
there it is
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST6012-60W-Tube-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Vintage-30s?sku=481308
theres the other model
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Last edited by punk_rocker101 at Jul 26, 2008,
I will attempt to post a clip tommorow, but im telling you it sounds veeeeeeerrryyyy bad. Once you turn it on it gets reallllyyyy noisy, even with my noise supressor its still horrible. The sound gets more muddy and bassy with a whole lot of noise in the mix.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
what the b2 or the crate?

o yea and i meant the Crate V50-112 tube amp not the one i posted earlier
id say b52 definately, its a pretty high quality amp for the price, two of my friends have them and gig with them regularly, but they have the head version
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
yea the b-52 is awesome. but u hav to turn the treble and gain WAY up for good metal tone, even w/ active EMGs

but the only person i know that uses the afterburner is dan jacobs of atreyu
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
you can install it as a little two way switch on your guitar, or you can have it as a push/pull knob on one of your various guitar knobs. It beefs up the output of your guitars, so it's great for metal. And for those that say it's not meant for actives, tell it to Kerry King, Bjorn Gelotteand Jesper Strombland from In Flames, and Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel from Atreyu.