Right now my friend loaned me this bass he bought for $75 off his friend. He proceded to take the frets off and the pickguard off and exchanged whatever pups were in there before for EMG's. Basically, it is almost a replica of Jaco's bass. Now, i love this bass, but it doesn't pick up the first fret or any fret after 15 well, and it is not as extended as i need it, as I need a lot longer of a neck, possibly 24 frets. Any suggestions? My price range is about 1200 and I play alot of funk reggae, and tool-ish stuff.
It doesn't meet the 24 fret requirement, but I would recommend the Stingray FL. I own one and I love the tone I get from it. I got mine used for about 900 USD and I've seen new ones for around your price range. It has a fantastic mwah.

For more info, I did a BOTM on it a while back.
I've played a few fretless warwicks in that price range that were good.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
look at Warwick, Fender, and Music Man.
here:here
all they have is those. but I think any of those (don't worry, used basses can be your friend) will be good.

though I'm pretty sure Jaco didn't use EMGs...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
look at Warwick, Fender, and Music Man.
here:here
all they have is those. but I think any of those (don't worry, used basses can be your friend) will be good.

though I'm pretty sure Jaco didn't use EMGs...

as in it looks like jacos