Should I be tapping my feet with the metronome? And when I do, I dont seem to tap in time with the metronome. Im new to metronomes. (As I just posted earlier) I also seem to have trouble dividing the clicks for eighth notes, dotted notes, etc. Any tips?
Quote by AlskiOverload
Should I be tapping my feet with the metronome? And when I do, I dont seem to tap in time with the metronome. Im new to metronomes. (As I just posted earlier) I also seem to have trouble dividing the clicks for eighth notes, dotted notes, etc. Any tips?

get a better rhythm? i mean, that should just kinda come naturally
Tap your foot along with the metronome, just start off at the lowest BPM or wherever it's easy enough for you to keep up with it and just practice and practice. Gradually increase the BPM. Anyone can play to a metronome, but tapping along helps you develop your own sense of rhythm.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Tapping your foot is okay. Just about every show you would go to whether it be Jazz, Rock, Metal, Country, anything the artists usually show some form of the beat. At most jazz concerts you will easily see half the musicians tapping their feet to keep the time. At rock concerts it's not quite as easy to pick up because some bands are really crazy but if you look close, and sometimes you don't have to look so close, you will see some form of the beat, usually bassists because of the quarter note feel. If you don't mind doing it then I don't think it matters. If it's bothering you do it anyways until you can keep a steady beat in your head without beating anything.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you guys. That was helpful.
yomomma21, dont you think thats the reason Im learning to use a metronome XD
ok, Ive been practicing with a metronome over the past 2 HOURS!!!
Im seeming to get better. But sometimes I find my feet drifting away from the metronome. Does steady practice cure this?
THIS TICKING IS DRIVING ME INSANE