No, you can simply buy the extra pad and there are some easily programmable inputs in the back of the module for awkward people who want more toms

EDIT: I would recommend upgrading to the DM5 pro. You get a better module, better cymbals (with choke sensors) and better pads (mesh heads) and it doesn't really cost much more. It'll probably be between $40 and $70 more.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Last edited by andyd93 at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by andyd93
No, you can simply buy the extra pad and there are some easily programmable inputs in the back of the module for awkward people who want more toms

EDIT: I would recommend upgrading to the DM5 pro. You get a better module, better cymbals (with choke sensors) and better pads (mesh heads) and it doesn't really cost much more. It'll probably be between $40 and $70 more.

ok, so even me, who has never touched an electric drum kit before and knows pretty much nothing about drums can add that extra pad?

edit: the DM5 Pro is good before is good because it has the pads i want, but its over 100 dollars more...the picture doesnt show the kick pedal, does it come with one?
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Jul 25, 2008,
Yars You just take an input jack like you have for a guitar, one in the pad, one in a spare input in the module, then program it to what you want there I'm thinking of buying my first electric kit too. I'm torn between the electric drums, or my first tube amp...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
okay, just one more question (for someone who has had experience with this kit)...there are many 4 and 5 star reviews, but there are also 1 star reviews claiming that the DM5 has latency, is fragile, breaks easily etc....this is the only drum kit i can buy because im not from USA and its the lightweight and cheap kit so im kinda scared of buying it...ive never played drums in my life, and just need a cheap electric drum...would this actually be good for me?

thanks