theres literaly heaps of you tube video's showing you how, and there should be somewhere on here to show you,
just google sweep picking exercises. or buy troy stetina's speed mechanics for lead guitar. thats how i learned
It's pretty necessary to know your chords REALLY well, and what notes go into them. it helps when you need to move around the fretboard with your sweeps.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
How long have you been playing guitar? If you've only been playing for a couple months, you're probally not ready.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bBreaker
How long have you been playing guitar? If you've only been playing for a couple months, you're probally not ready.

At almost two years and just starting to learn to sweep, I agree.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
At almost two years and just starting to learn to sweep, I agree.

I have been playing for almost 3 years and mastered sweeping, I can say that i have almost mastered the technique. I can do songs from bands like the human abstract and between the buried and me, yngwie and jason becker. I didn't even know of this technique until the drummer in my band wanted to cover bleeding mascara 2 years ago , he gave me the tabs and i just played the song. I didn't find out what the technique was called till later which got me into the human abstract. Basically what i did was sweep 3 strings, practice until I got that perfect and then add one string. Knowing your scales REALLLY helps, there are not any words that explain how important it is.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack