Page 1 of 2
it wouldn't work, but yeah, everybody with any guitar experience>kirk, I love metallica, but, too much wah, brah

C wat I did thar?
kirks good and this is not better than the original
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
im not saying th original track...im saying on stage...kirk has never played it this great on stage. perfect tone perfect everything

theres no such thing as perfect tone...
dont forget he also pwns james, he took both their parts.

so? jon petrucci pwns a lot of people, that doesnt mean kirk is bad.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Music should be about music , not about how they act on stage. Theres not enough class and taste in the musical world anymore.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by ChillofWinter
Music should be about music , not about how they act on stage. Theres not enough class and taste in the musical world anymore.

Yes, but what is the point of going to the show if it'll be the EXACT same as the album? You go to a show to watch the band and rock out, not stare at a band sleeping on a stage playing the album through the PA.
ESPECIALLY when it is a boring Metallica song. They need to jump around on stage to wake up the sleeping crowd!
Quote by ChillofWinter

go to a gig where the band just stands there...its not fun
Quote by ChillofWinter

Someone who has a stage presence and is cleaner than Google safe search
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
we aint talking bout angus young. and this thread was just praising john petrucci's skittles. not flaming kirk

we were flaming john...well his stage presence
haha yeah Yngwie is a madman on stage aswell as playing perfectly , but honestly , some people just dont feel the need to "rock out". When im playing onstage , I dont feel like going nuts , id rather concentrate on what im playing.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

anyway it doesnt take talent to have stage presense , it does to be a great musician and composer. You guys talk about it as if its a vital component of a great musician.
- Socrates

Quote by herman ri2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O4HOMPD-1E&feature=related Robot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sXk5tHbqA Wah *****

I might hate Metallica but they put on a WAY better show than DT.

lol are you aware of the the age gap between the members of metallica in 1989 and dream theater in the 2000's ?
- Socrates

idk what the hype about petrucci is. he's boring live and gets a keyboard guy to do guitar parts for him? idk

Kirk nailed it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=vPcSH8sydlE

the frickin whammy bar on his guitar makes the tone worbbly and im pretty sure hes hitting some notes sloppy, but it was one hell of a lot more interesting than watching any pettruci vid ive seen so far
Quote by ChillofWinter
anyway it doesnt take talent to have stage presense , it does to be a great musician and composer. You guys talk about it as if its a vital component of a great musician.

it is to be a performer and if you're on stage you're performing...next time you're on stage rock out and dont stare at your feet...watch how you're audience will think you're better
yea again petrucci pwns a lot of people, personally id liek to see him cover a children of bodom song note for note with all the emotion than proceed to clobber the **** out of Alexi with his muscles.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by ross1234
it is to be a performer and if you're on stage you're performing...next time you're on stage rock out and dont stare at your feet...watch how you're audience will think you're better

well if i were to rock out , then i wouldnt be able to play the complex parts I have to play in my bands , so id rather sacrifice stage presence for musicality ANYDAY of the week.
If it were in my hands , i would make all gigs completely seated , everything else just detracts from the musicality of the performance. I would rather somone sat and listened carefully to my music , than ran around like a moron moshing (although i do love moshing , but i only do it to **** bands)
- Socrates

I read the title of this thread as '... Kills himself' and nearly **** myself

It is 3 in the morning here though
Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
yea again petrucci pwns a lot of people, personally id liek to see him cover a children of bodom song note for note with all the emotion than proceed to clobber the **** out of Alexi with his muscles.

He would need to be programed to.
Quote by herman ri2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJSmA6D3s6w

what was that?

10 ten years wow!

and Ozzy is completely ****ed in the head. wow great example , get an ex-drug addict as your backup?
- Socrates

Quote by ChillofWinter
well if i were to rock out , then i wouldnt be able to play the complex parts I have to play in my bands , so id rather sacrifice stage presence for musicality ANYDAY of the week.
If it were in my hands , i would make all gigs completely seated , everything else just detracts from the musicality of the performance. I would rather somone sat and listened carefully to my music , than ran around like a moron moshing (although i do love moshing , but i only do it to **** bands)

not that i would have anyway, but i am never gonna go to one of your shows
Buckethead doesn't move much and I think he is entertaining...If the music is good it is entertaining no matter the stage presence. That is just my opinion, because I go to listen to the music not watch people run around.
Page 1 of 2