Well I know I should use teh search bar but I already did. I found some threads about errrrrnie balls strings but didn't really get my answer.

Today I met for the first time the guitar tech of my teacher. So first time full setting up my guitar to teh maximum pro-ness.

When I told me I had ernie ball strings, he said like "they're good , but not really the best". I asked him if they were ok kinda and he told me that sometimes not.

I don't really know since I never used other than ernie ball strings.

But are they good or just "ok"?
i dont like them. they rust out way to fast. dean markley or elixir is top of the line.
I usually use Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's, but my local shop was sold out last time i bought strings, so I've got D'Addario's on now. They have this kind of twangy reverbish sound to them. Kinda strange, but lends itself well to blues i think.
I use the EB hybrid slinky's - cheap, cheap.
SRV R.I.P.
I use super slinky too. Custom gauge 9 to 42.

He wanted to put higher gauges too. I agreed cause I always feel like I'm pressing on strings too hard even if I always try to play gently.... and it phails.

I think he told me d'adarios? I don't know but he is going to change my pickups too to errr Seymore duncans I think.

Well I'm trusting him because he has been doing this kind of business for over 32 years and he did alot of gigs in the 80s-90s.
I like EB's. GHS sound similar, but last longer than two weeks for me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My local guitar shop tells me that all strings are the same, unless they are the expensive coated strings. I think he just wants me to stop asking him questions.
Quote by AlskiOverload
My local guitar shop tells me that all strings are the same, unless they are the expensive coated strings. I think he just wants me to stop asking him questions.

Well since I did read alot about strings these days

And learnt that strings can change tone a little bit but you shouldn't expect it

Also that physicaly , strings don't have the same feeling depending on the manufacturer[or h/e it's spelled]

Yes