I've been learning how to play drums for a bit.. and I was wondering if there was anywhere like UG for drums? I've wanted to see if there were any lessons here or there to help me along, but seems that UG takes no part in that
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
^I'm sorry, but wrong. Drums get WAY complicated at advanced levels. There's lot's of drumming that definitely IS hard.

Now, there is nowhere on UG for drumming really, as it's a guitar site. However, there is a drummers group in UG's group section, who can probably recommend some good resources. what genres do you play? I may be able to find you some good sites.
Quote by TheShred201
^I'm sorry, but wrong. Drums get WAY complicated at advanced levels. There's lot's of drumming that definitely IS hard.

Now, there is nowhere on UG for drumming really, as it's a guitar site. However, there is a drummers group in UG's group section, who can probably recommend some good resources. what genres do you play? I may be able to find you some good sites.

Generally I'm interested in Folk punk, normal punk and ska/reggae music. Most punk is ridiculously simple, but I am trying to figure out ways to just make my playing more interesting when it comes to that. Also, no clue really where to start with ska.

Thanks for the answer.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by TheShred201
Alright, I was hoping you were going to say metal in which case I know two good sites. I still recommend asking in the UG group. Also, just google for Drum Forum or something of the like.

I wouldn't mind learning about metal either considering I do like some metal, and it can't hurt to know more... point me in the direction of those two sites maybe? haha. Thanks for the help so far.
Quote by TheShred201
Just so you know, they are both for Extreme metal (EG. stuff like Nile, Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, etc.)

I love me some Gorguts and grindcore, if that counts.
Last edited by JustMimes at Jul 26, 2008,