I want a JCM 800, but so many 2203's are cheaper than the 2204's because they're more common. I know somebody who took half his tubes out to supposedly make his TSL 100 a 50 watter instead. Anything like this work?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

I believe it does. I'm not necessarily the most knowledgeable person here, but I've heard of it being done.

I wouldn't do it, just because I have really bad luck with most things, but it could work for you.
a quieter amp? blasphemy!!!!!
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
you could use a boost pedal and keep it at a low volume?
i dunno.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
you could just tape a pillow to it.

That would work too
GEAR worth mentioning
EFFECTS: BOSS ME-50 | MXR-109 6-Band Graphic EQ
If you pull two tubes in a 100 watt amp, you still have an output transformer that was designed for 100 watts. This won't create any problems per se, but you'll never achieve desirable levels of power tube distortion. The obvious option in this case is to simply turn the amp down.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
There won't be a big volume difference if you pull the tubes out anyways.

Attenuators would be the only option.

That or you could use the Master Volume.
Taping a pillow to it won't really decrease the volume, you'll just lose a whole bunch of treble.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Taping a pillow to it won't really decrease the volume, you'll just lose a whole bunch of treble.

Yeah, it's really just a percieved volume drop.
Does it have a master volume? If so , you may be okay. Removing tubes could work, but I can't say from personal experience. An attenuator is probably your best bet, if you don't want to do either of those.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...