Page 1 of 2
Ok so probably a stupid question but as I'm not a massive fan, could someone tell me who the lead guitarist for the band Coheed and Cambria is? My friend says it's the lead singer and I say it's not. Of course, my source is the ever loved wikipedia. Thanks.
Yep, lead singer.

Claudio Sanchez is his name I think.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Claudioooooooooooo
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
don't singers usually play rhythm?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
i heard google knos all about coheed and cambria.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
yeah lead singer is Claudio Sanchez but im pretty sure Travis is lead guitar
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by mrcrono
Claudio, though they've been known to trade off.

Yeah. They do trade off the lead parts, particularly during solos sometimes.
Claudio, but Travis does play a good few leads (they trade off constantly in Welcome Home).
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
they both do solos in like alot of songs. at least in the epics they do.

btw. singers can be lead. Zakk Wylde!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
travis does a lot of the leads, but they do trade off. as said before, especially on the epic ones.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Travis Stever is the lead guitarist, but Claudio does play most of the solos whenever one comes up....he plays rhythm most of the time though.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by The Shadow
Travis Stever is the lead guitarist, but Claudio does play most of the solos whenever one comes up....he plays rhythm most of the time though.

+1

You rarely find Claudio playing a lead piece in the verse or chorus section of a song.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
+1

You rarely find Claudio playing a lead piece in the verse or chorus section of a song.

True, but many of their riffs are basically 2 lead parts combined. (Like Ten Speed, for example).

EDIT: Also, I'd just like to mention that they're the greatest band of all time...and if you haven't already, check out their stuff.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
True, but many of their riffs are basically 2 lead parts combined. (Like Ten Speed, for example).

EDIT: Also, I'd just like to mention that they're the greatest band of all time...and if you haven't all ready, check out their stuff.

That is very true, but then you see who the rhythm player is when the chorus comes up.
Co&Ca is the best thing ever.

And yeah he's mostly rhythm.
Quote by Hanzi_G

This man knows his Coheed. The "rhythem" line to Ten Speed is almost harder than Travis's part.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
during the verse and chorus travis does most of the lead but other than that its both of them
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by itsxsteves
i heard google knos all about coheed and cambria.

1. lol
2. they switch off.
in welcome home during the solo the 2 guitarist trade fours
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by The Silent Fool
They trade off.
And to change the subject, who here wants to kill Claudio and take his new Medusa?

I don't really like it. *Flame Shield* I think he looks so much more BA with the Explorer's.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I don't really like it. *Flame Shield* I think he looks so much more BA with the Explorer's.

The explorers didn't have an epic Good vs. Evil inlay.
Quote by highvoltage66
i'm listening to some of them coheedz right now actually.

They are the best band that has ever existed. No one can prove me wrong.

except anyone who's ever listened to them

jk.

they're like SOAD-kickass except the fricken singer.
Quote by The Silent Fool
The explorers didn't have an epic Good vs. Evil inlay.

Change necks?...Frankexplorer?

I agree with The_Paranoia, I liked the Explorer better, but as long as he keeps making music, I'm happy.

Anyone else think WWIV: The Final Cut is 10x as epic as Welcome Home? I find that not many give The Final Cut the recognition it deserves.

Edit: Link to true epicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=Lswt6nCjAHc

don't mind the footage, it's a music video for the whole Amory Wars story, so just listen to the song if you aren't into the whole story idea.
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Change necks?...Frankenplorer?

I agree with The_Paranoia, I liked the Explorer better, but as long as he keeps making music, I'm happy.

Anyone else think WWIV: The Final Cut is 10x as epic as Welcome Home? I find that not many give The Final Cut the recognition it deserves.

it really is.

esp the extended version they do live
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Is the final cut the one with a random banjo solo at the end?
Quote by Gmp
Is the final cut the one with a random banjo solo at the end?

yes
Travis Stever played almost all of the leads in the first two albums, but in the last two Claudio has been stepping up and playing many of the solso. Travis is the lead guitarist, predominantly.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
yes

Yeah that one's pretty awesome, I quite like the writing writer and the telling truth too.
I've seen them live and Claudio usually plays more rhythm stuff with the occasional solos. I definitely would say Travis(if that's his name) is the lead guitarist. They both could be lead guitarist because at the end of their set they just played solos back and forth for like 30 mins.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Change necks?...Frankexplorer?

Edit: Link to true epicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=Lswt6nCjAHc

don't mind the footage, it's a music video for the whole Amory Wars story, so just listen to the song if you aren't into the whole story idea.

Yes Yes, a thousand times Yes.

I ****ing love that song. The vocals and guitars compliment each other so well.
There is no lead guitarist. There is no rythm guitarist. They are dueling guitarists that share the same status in the band. Which is "Guitarist". Except Claudio also does lead vocals.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
Travis Stever played almost all of the leads in the first two albums, but in the last two Claudio has been stepping up and playing many of the solso. Travis is the lead guitarist, predominantly.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

First two albums, pretty much all the leads were done by Travis. Then in Ten Speed, lead is shared, Welcome Home has the solo section, but Travis plays lead through the rest of the song. But then in No World For Tomorrow, Claudio plays the riff, and Travis plays the chords behind it.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Claudio, the lead singer plays rhythm.
The other guitarist who's name i fail to remember plays little leads over top of the rhythm and they switch for solos
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by lanzaa
it really is.

esp the extended version they do live

Omg I used to watch that part of the DVD over and over and over...so good.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Page 1 of 2