I've only listened to a few Buckethead songs ever, and this one really hit me like a ton of bricks. This song has soooo much fricking feeling/heart/soul behind it throughout the whole song....I really had no idea he was such an unbelievable composer.

This is the first song in some time that has made me really, really want to get better at guitar. Last one being Crazy Train, especially the solo.

Did anybody else feel this way when they first heard this song, or are there any other songs that did this to you?
Quote by bdof
I've only listened to a few Buckethead songs ever, and this one really hit me like a ton of bricks. This song has soooo much fricking feeling/heart/soul behind it throughout the whole song....I really had no idea he was such an unbelievable composer.

This is the first song in some time that has made me really, really want to get better at guitar. Last one being Crazy Train, especially the solo.

Did anybody else feel this way when they first heard this song, or are there any other songs that did this to you?

Soothsayer is an awesome song (So are sail on soothsayer, and Carpel Tunnel Slug by Buckethead)... I can't find tabs for the solo though :/
personally some songs that always get me are

to live is to die - metallica (the bridge in the middle always sends a chill down my spine)
go insane (acoustic) - lindsey buckingham
parabol/parabola - tool
still - NIN
Listen to some of his acoustics shards, "for mom" and "watching boats with my dad" <or something like that xD. I feel that he puts much more into those than what has been suggested here already.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by TheShred201
Honestly, this seems more like a topic for the Shred forum than MT.

Well aren't you the cool know-it-all guy to say that.
Quote by Lucky#Slevin
Listen to some of his acoustics shards, "for mom" and "watching boats with my dad" <or something like that xD. I feel that he puts much more into those than what has been suggested here already.

Did you mean other Buckethead songs?
Quote by bdof

Well aren't you the cool know-it-all guy to say that.

Frankly, imo the MT forum gets way too many threads that should go elsewhere. Occasionally I point it out, as in this case.

I'm actually very happy that they made soothsayer for GH3, as now It will be MUCH easier to tab (you can slow it down and eliminate instruments).
Quote by TheShred201
Frankly, imo the MT forum gets way too many threads that should go elsewhere. Occasionally I point it out, as in this case.

I'm actually very happy that they made soothsayer for GH3, as now It will be MUCH easier to tab (you can slow it down and eliminate instruments).

I agree, it does help with a little bit of visual recognition to tab something out. Even if most people want to believe they have a steller ear and want to only do it that way, having a visual platform to start with doesn't hurt.
It was fairly easy to beat as well, unlike Jordan it only to 1 try and I 5 stared it
Quote by TheShred201
The visual parts of GH don't help me at all, it's just that you can slow it down in practice mode and such.

True, true.....forgot about that, it does help. Only problem is that you have to play the parts or it doesn't ring out. or you can have a friend do it and you try to play along