Okay, so I bought Tascam portastudio offa ebay for a pretty good price. It turns out it's more of a hi-fi type recorder/mixer meant to go with other pieces, whereas I thought it would be a lo-fi "record it and burn it" type of thing. No problem- better quality than I thought. For the most part I've figured out how to use it. However , there is one remaining problem. The instructions say to buy a two-track recorder in order to mix it down. Is there any way at all I can avoid buying a two track tape recorder ? I have several one track recorders that are in working order and it just seems unlikely that buying another recorder is my only option. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks
Everything I say is a lie. Is this true or false? Ha! I made that up!
to mix it down to stereo you are going to need a two track tape recorder. if you want mono then a plain old one tracker will do you over nicely
thanks! i like nice sounds but i'm not an audiophile, so that oughta work. friend of mine actually just told me that you can mix it down to a computer and he's gotta cord for it. this worked out nicely
Everything I say is a lie. Is this true or false? Ha! I made that up!