Hi,
I'm buying a new amp and I need one that will stay clean even on high volume. I mostly play at home and with friends (drums and bass). I know the Fender Twin Reverb is really good for that but i've been told that at low volume it's not at is best and to be at his best it needs to be really too loud. So, the Deluxe Reverb would be a better choice for low volume. But it would be good for how big show?(I don't know how to formulate that question.... English is not my first language...) For exemple, would it be good for a 300 hundreds people show, 500, 1000??
And is it as good in sound quality as the Twin Reverb?

Thanks.
Last edited by antoine2055 at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by antoine2055
Hi,
I'm buying a new amp and I need one that will stay clean even on high volume. I mostly play at home and with friends (drums and bass). I know the Fender Twin Reverb is really good for that but i've been told that at low volume it's not at is best and to be at his best it needs to be really too loud. So, the Deluxe Reverb would be a better choice for low volume. But it would be good for how big show?(I don't know how to formulate that question.... English is not my first language...) For exemple, would it be good for a 300 hundreds people show, 500, 1000??
And is it as good in sound quality as the Twin Reverb?

Thanks.

Any venue with that many people will have a PA system amplifying your amp, so that won't be an issue
the deluxe reverb is only 22watts. it's meant to break up at medium volumes and sound... very tasty. but sorry, it's not a super clean amp at higher volumes.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
its not a ? of power its a question of what you need the amp for.
what do you want clean head room or an amp clipping.
thats what you got to ask your self.
i say check out a AC30 its a happy medium between a 20 watt amp and a 100 watt one.
I want the amp to stay clean and loud enough to cover a drum and bass and for small shows like an auditorium of 300 people.

Sorry in my question I said 300 hundreds people but it's 300.
Last edited by antoine2055 at Jul 26, 2008,
With low output pickups and some lower gain preamp tubes, you can get pretty damn loud with a DRRI without breakup. The other thing about that amp is that even when it does start to break up, it's a very soft OD, it's not like a SS amp where you're going to hit a wall where the amp is no longer usable clean at a certain volume. A 300 person auditorium would be no problem as long as you're drummer isn't a gorilla.
Dare I say it, if you want pure cleans at very high levers you may have to get a SS amp, maybe a Roland Jazz Chorus or something like that. But, saying that, you may want an overdrive or something you may get a tube.

Or you could just mike up the Fender.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by TheKaiser77
i say get a twin, the DR starts breaking its cleans as early as 4 i think.
With what, EMGs?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
just get the twin it cost about the same amount and if you definately want cleans why the hell bother to mike up the amp when you could buy something of equal price that does what you want.
the DR is not amp for cleans or was made for that purpose the Twin on the other hand is.
Quote by TheKaiser77
i say get a twin, the DR starts breaking its cleans as early as 4 i think.

A twin starts to faintly break up at 4 in guitar center.
The employee's always look at me in a mean manner, becuase by that time it's VERY loud.
85 watts and all.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by MrCarrot
With what, EMGs?

im not sure sorry about that, it was probly around 5 or 6 i cant recall.
Quote by kool98769
A twin starts to faintly break up at 4 in guitar center.
The employee's always look at me in a mean manner, becuase by that time it's VERY loud.
85 watts and all.

yah i know what you mean i just bring the DR to clipping point, and just hit one chord to see how hear how good it sounds and then go back on the twin to play some more cleans.
I went on the Fender web site and saw the Super Reverb. It seems the same that the Twin Reverb but 45 watts. But it's 50$ more than the Twin reverb even if it's half the watts... Is it because the sound is better? Because if it's better maybe I should take the Super Reverb because 45 watts is enough. So, is the super reverb better than the twin?
i think the super reverb is a 410 but im not sure what its modeled after a BF or SF.
i wish slats was around in a time like this he knows everything.
the thing is fender makes so many amps twins, the reissue and the new reincarnation, the vibroverbs, vibrolux, vibrochamps.
Princeton chorus, princeton reverbs, and i could just go on and on in the end just go try out the frieken amps and decide wich one is better your self, my advice, dont get the DR, why not enough head room.
try out the 65 reisue, and the super.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 26, 2008,