im trying to personlise my epi lp. and i thought i could do this with a perloid white scrathplate, some dimarzio x2n's, a strat neck ( ) and a new bridge. i was wondering instead of getting a normal lp style bridge if i could install a strat style.

Is this possible or easy enough without doing major damage to my finish or having to cut out peices of wood to fit it?
nah my lps a bolt on and so is the neck i found so lighten up. and anyway why would i wanna have a guitar that looks the same as everyone else, thats the whole point of customising.
ok, never saw the point of bolt on lp's but w/e

in that case, you will have to check the neck pocket size, and you will have to deal with the difference in scale length (24.75 on lp and 25.5 on Strat)

Strat bridges are strings thru body, which I beleive that your lp is not. in that case you would have to drill through the body (ok more like rout out about a half pound of wood) to get the bridge to fit. i would not advise doing this, and i would keep your current bridge.

as for the pickups and scratchplate, should work fine.

Good luck!
hahahaha drill holes ey, i think ill give it a miss and just go with the ol' tune-o-matic.

Could i just sand down the strat neck until it fitted?
Also LP's have a neck angle.
Strats don't.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
To use the 25.5" scale length strat neck on the lp, which has a smaller scale length, you'll have to move the bridge, which requires a fair bit of woodwork experience and you will have to redo the finish. Another option, if your really set on having a strat style neck, is to get a warmoth 24-3/4" conversion neck, they are fairly pricy but great quality.

To wh15p3r, would that really matter? as the neck angle is in the neck pocket (the body), and he said hes going to keep the tuneo bridge.
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
Last edited by Its Just Me at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by Its Just Me
To wh15p3r, would that really matter? as the neck angle is in the neck pocket (the body), and he said hes going to keep the tuneo bridge.

i you sure about this? i always though that the heel of the neck was angled?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
well that sucks. i dont want to be doing all that. do you reckon i can cut a chunkout of the middle of the head so it looks like a U? or will that have problems aswell