so i just got my ooh so lovely looking bugera 6260-212 combo. and it has a problem. it wont turn on. well i guess it does but its as if the guitar is not plugged in, because it dosent amplify the sound of the guitar. All the lights turn on, it looks like it should work, but it just doesnt. what should i do? any troubleshooting options would be greatly appreciated. if it helps i got it from american musical.com so any help would be awsome!
thanks
You did wait for the tubes to warm up right? You cant just flip on a tube amp and start playing - there wont be any audio until the tubes start warming up.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You did wait for the tubes to warm up right? You cant just flip on a tube amp and start playing - there wont be any audio until the tubes start warming up.

+1
Most tube amps has a start and standby switch, both need to be on for the amp to turn on.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
make sure the volume on the guitar itself is up. And the master volume and the channel volume on the amp.
Are the tubes lighting up? If not you have dead tubes...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Witnessed the same thing at a store i was at... They just put a Bugera combo on the floor so i was cool ill finally get to test one one out... But unfortunately it was DOA.... The guy was like WTF this thing is brand new...
I'd like to know how the TS got on, but it looks like he hasn't read back on his thread.

Hopefully he just forgot to warm the tubes
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
I'm guessing you blew a tube. That would cause that, wouldn't it? I'm guessing that because Bugera seems to have a lot of problems with tubes failing. If you change the tubes yourselves it could void the Bugera warranty (although the shop you bought it from might have it's own warranty), so since it's so new I suggest you just send it back under warranty.

Oh, and seems like the amp did work (at least for a little while), this is from an another thread:
Quote by Ben12321
I would consider the bugera 6260/6262. I got mine a while ago, and i love it. It is wasom for those drop tuning. It has a great low end chug. I would consider it if i were you
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Ben12321
I would consider the bugera 6260/6262. I got mine a while ago, and i love it. It is wasom for those drop tuning. It has a great low end chug. I would consider it if i were you

Fama, thanks for bringing this quote up. Funny how it was posted the day after he posted a thread asking which amp he should go with, the Randall or Bugera. If he did have a bugera by that time, he'd certainlly not 'got it a while ago'.
Something fishy here, or am i just nitpicking?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by i_am_metalhead

it would still get audio, the concern is cathode stripping if the tubes aren't heated up when you turn everything on cold. The only time there won't be any sound is if the amp uses a tube rectifier, where that needs to heat up before it will pass current.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Interesting, I thought you had had it for a bit. Oh well. First off, if it is indeed out of the box, make sure all the tubes are seated correctly in their sockets. Combos in general are more susceptable to tubes coming loose. Turn the amp on, leaving it in standby. Let tubes warm up. Then, flip it off standby. If no sound, check cords and stuff to and from guitars, pedals; etc. Make sure the speakers are plugged in in the back. They have to be plugged in.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I've heard from a Bugera 6260 user that he turned on the amp without letting it warm up and it blew a fuse.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Fama, thanks for bringing this quote up. Funny how it was posted the day after he posted a thread asking which amp he should go with, the Randall or Bugera. If he did have a bugera by that time, he'd certainlly not 'got it a while ago'.
Something fishy here, or am i just nitpicking?

Ooh, good point, I didn't check the dates. Definitely sounds fishy...
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
assuming you're turning it on and using it correctly, i'd take it back. you don't want to void your warranty if there's a serious problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have heard a lot of stories about bugera's blowing fuses/amps so you might have done one of those.
Quote by Fama
Ooh, good point, I didn't check the dates. Definitely sounds fishy...

i see the mystery crew has arrived...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.