I was watching an interview with the writers of South Park, and they were talking about religion, and I think it was Trey Parker who said that he finds it difficult to believe that the universe, life, matter, etc. is all here "just 'cus", meaning for no purpose.

I was wondering if you guys think there is a purpose or meaning.

Whatever is the meaning or purpose is a discussion for another day, but do you think, in your opinion, that there is a purpose or meaning?

I don't really have an opinion on this, because I think it's a bit too hard for me to answer, but I was wondering what you guys think.
I think that everyone is put on the Earth because God wants us all to engage in an epic contest to see who can fap the most in a lifetime. I know i'm doing my part... are you?
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Well, did you see the southpark episode with the lice civilization on the kids head, that was an intense episode.

I agree with him though, it'd be pretty ****ed up if all this just happened to happen..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
From a religious standpoint, there has to be reason for why we exist. God wouldn't just do it for 'teh lulz'.

From a scientific standpoint, we were created from forces in the universe and evolved off of that, meaning, we don't have a purpose.

Depends on your beliefs.

I personally believe we don't really have a purpose, but at the same time, I think everyone is meant to do one thing and one thing right. So I guess I really can't decide, lol...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I'm not bothered by the idea that everything is here "just 'cuz." I don't see anything indicating a point to it.
I mean, i think the ultimate purpose is to just try to catch 'em all.
k_z
'
'
'
'
you forgets teh flush....yah dig
yeah.. i think instead of deciding things like, creationism or evolution
i think people shouldnt HAVE TO believe something, i mean why does it matter so much, it already happened or is going to happen, and there is nothing we can do about it. so why care
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Just Andrew
From a religious standpoint, there has to be reason for why we exist. God wouldn't just do it for 'teh lulz'.

From a scientific standpoint, we were created from forces in the universe and evolved off of that, meaning, we don't have a purpose.

Depends on your beliefs.

I personally believe we don't really have a purpose, but at the same time, I think everyone is meant to do one thing and one thing right. So I guess I really can't decide, lol...
I think from a scientific standpoint, there is nothing that says we do not have a purpose. I don't really think it's science's job to answer a question like that.
Yes and no. No because nature isn't sentient; yes because, from a deterministic standpoint, there is such a thing as what we would call destiny.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
the purpose is that there is no purpose, u define it.

but i like to look at nature for answers. like death, disease, instincts, problems, etc. i dont think we r very far from most things in nature, as in mammals and such. what do they do? eat, find shelter, mate, have babies, start over. we do the same things just more in depth. i think this is one of our purposes, to survive, just surviving seems pretty important to me. and people survive in different ways, if ur doing it it is ultimately for your own good. even suicide is surviving i think, cuz u r putting yourself out of pain. some people survive by doing things that "hurt" them (sports, drugs, adrenaline fueled things, etc.). but it isnt hurting them, it is adding to the survival of themselves or the community(natural selection).
i dont think there is a purpose or a god though i mean there must be a high being but i dont think it has a name and certainly worshiping a jewish zombie by sybolicly eating his flesh to appease him isnt exactly right either but thats just my opinion
I'd do me........

we are here to destroy the earth.

greenhouses gases, nuclear weapons, mass population, i would say we are heading in the right direction.
Quote by TOAOIsaac
To live long enough to reporduce then die.

The man has it.

It's pretty pathetic really.
Quote by The Madcap
I think from a scientific standpoint, there is nothing that says we do not have a purpose. I don't really think it's science's job to answer a question like that.
Yeah, I feel the same.

Thought, theoretically speaking. If everything that created life occurred from natural forces in the universe, it's not outrageous to say that we don't have a purpose.

Then again, this really is an impossible subject to discuss :/ .
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Nope it's pure science sadness. No purpose, one chemical reaction lead to another and we can imagine human like things on planets millions and billions of lightyears away. We will never see them, or prove they exist, but who's to say there aren't more humans from other chemical reactions out there?

But basically in reality you make your own purpose, and by all means feel free not to.
Quote by kz23
I mean, i think the ultimate purpose is to just try to catch 'em all.

Never thought I would laugh at a pokemon reference, good job sir
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

its difficult to understand any of it. ya sure, its difficult to believe everything happened just because, but similarly, its just as difficult to believe there is an ultimate purpose because the only answer to why there is an ultimate purpose, is just because.