Hey guys,

Could anybody compare these two models for me? Gibson CJ165 EC versus Taylor 716CE? Which one is better? What if you can get the Gibson for super cheap?

Thanks guys!
There is never a "better". It's just "better for each individual", and that's hard to tell if you don't give us any info on your playing style and tonal preferences.

So... tell a bit about your playing style/preferences/etc. and we'll get back to you.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hey dude,

I am an acoustic player / singer songwriter that plays pop rock stuff ala John Mayer and Jack Johnson, my website is www.jonathanlimusic.com and I think from there you can get the best indication of how a I play.

I do tap the guitar a lot as in using my right hand to tap when i strum with my songs, and I don't do much finger picking.

I want a guitar which can sound really warm and intimate in an acoustic setting but at the same time is strong enough to play with a loud band as well.

I am also interested in the differences between the Expression Pickup system and what is offered in the Gibson which is the Fishman Ellipse Aura system which has: -
- Shure Beta 58 - Dynamic Cardioid
- DPA 4011 - Small diaphragm condenser
- Neumann KM84 - Small diaphragm condenser
- Neumann U87 - Large diaphragm condenser
Last edited by Jonathanli at Jul 26, 2008,
sorry man there is no easy awnser i can tell you either the gibson or the taylor is everything you could ever want in a guitar but that wouldnt do either one justice. As captivate wisley said there is no better you have to play both and everything else in your price range and see wich guitar talks to you -youll know it when you play it wheather it says taylor, gibson, martin, takamine, blueridge (i could go on and on here) on the headstock.
the guitar that balances feel and tone will beg you to take it home. as far as electronics goes i am a huge fan of buying the best acoustic guitar you can find and putting your own pickup in it. the pickup i use i believe replicates the tone of an acoustic guitar quite well (K&K sounds pure western mini). but like everything else that has to do with music its all about your personall needs and wants and what works for me and every other person out there may not work for you and that is actually a good thing it keeps us all on our toes.

for the record i say taylor because i am a totally self admitted taylor nut not that that helps you but what the hell.

i relize this doesnt help you but im drunk and stoned and fortunatly this forum is full of many even headed and wise posters they will chime in and stear you str8 where i have failed
Last edited by anita prs bad at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by anita prs bad
sorry man there is no easy awnser i can tell you either the gibson or the taylor is everything you could ever want in a guitar but that wouldnt do either one justice. As captivate wisley said there is no better you have to play both and everything else in your price range and see wich guitar talks to you -youll know it when you play it wheather it says taylor, gibson, martin, takamine, blueridge (i could go on and on here) on the headstock.
the guitar that balances feel and tone will beg you to take it home. as far as electronics goes i am a huge fan of buying the best acoustic guitar you can find and putting your own pickup in it. the pickup i use i believe replicates the tone of an acoustic guitar quite well (K&K sounds pure western mini). but like everything else that has to do with music its all about your personall needs and wants and what works for me and every other person out there may not work for you and that is actually a good thing it keeps us all on our toes.

for the record i say taylor because i am a totally self admitted taylor nut not that that helps you but what the hell.

trusay. you really do need a guitar that speaks to you as you play it, not just on paper.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.