I have $100 in giftcards to Guitar Center that I'm going to use tomorrow, plus about $20 cash. I'm definitely going to get a pedal of some kind, I'm just having trouble deciding what kind. I already have a wah and an overdrive pedal. I'm thinking of getting a reverb (My amp doesn't have reverb) or a tremolo pedal. I play classic rock and alt-country (think Old 97's). Any suggestions/comments?
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Dude for rockabilly you need reverb don't you?
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
The MXR Carbon Copy is $150. Maybe try getting a bit more money and shoot for that?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot that the Carbon Copy was a delay, sorry.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Jul 26, 2008,
It would definately be worth it to save up for an EHX Holy Grail or a Holier Grail, w/e one has 3 different reverbs. But right now, I think you can get a Danelectro Spring King, altho I have heard things about the spring getting jammed.
imo reverb is a must have effect. any of the ehx reverb pedals are very good. i own the holy stain the reverb is very good. the overdrive is pretty good. fuzz not so good. but you can get the mi-audio expression pedal for 30 bucks to run the pitch shift and tremolo and they are pretty darn good.
I say a delay pedal. Delay pedals are awesome.

If not, a reverb pedal. Maybe a graphic EQ?
Signatures are overrated.
Definitely check Danelectro and Boss. At least at me GC, there is a big like tower where you plug in and turn on what ever effect you want. At mine they are mostly Boss, but they have a nice reverb. For 100, you'd be able to score one.
i'd probably recommend the EHX Holy Grail Plus. it looks to be a really well-made, good-sounding box.

i'd also recommend checking out the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter. it's a great-sounding tremolo with optional tap tempo, and you can select the tap ratio (1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1). you can also control the wave shape and the "weight" of the tremolo (whether the amplitude is fattest at the beginning, middle, or end of the wave). in short, a super-versatile tremolo for right around your budget.
Quote by BloodBlooms
i'd probably recommend the EHX Holy Grail Plus. it looks to be a really well-made, good-sounding box.

i'd also recommend checking out the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter. it's a great-sounding tremolo with optional tap tempo, and you can select the tap ratio (1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1). you can also control the wave shape and the "weight" of the tremolo (whether the amplitude is fattest at the beginning, middle, or end of the wave). in short, a super-versatile tremolo for right around your budget.

the holy stain has room and hall reverb, tremolo and pitch shift all in one pedal.